Family

Autours note- that picture is what the painting looks like.

I hung the painting in my office
the second I got home that evening. The bright colour palette really stood out from my usual immaculate white/grey decor but I didn't mind.
My fingers gently caress the bumps of the painting feeling every stroke my love had made upon the canvas. I want to appreciate every detail that she worked so hard on.
I then pull the photo of her from my desk and gently kiss it before leaving to see her. I'm early I couldn't wait a minute longer.
Upon entering the small rustic shop to find (Y/N) is nowhere in sight, her small daughter Hope sat at the front desk instead. The child happily scribbled on a little sketchbook an adorable look of concentration plastered across her face reminding me of her mother, despite the fact they're not blood related.
The child was so lost in her scribbles she didn't even hear me enter the room, I cough to make my presents know and she jumps.
"Ohh it you mr," she returns to her picture her smile lighting up the room, "mama told me to watch the shop while she gets ready."
"Well aren't you helpful," I try my best to speak to the child in a non intimating manner, it's quite difficult as I'm used to scolding cadets all day and don't get much social interaction outside of that. I step forward, "what're you drawing?"
The little girl smiles and turns the paper towards me, "it's my family." she shows me a scribbled picture of her and (Y/N).
"Is there room for me in there? "
At these words the little girls face lights up, "Yes!" she quickly grabs a black crayon and starts scribbling. "So you're going to be my Papa?" The child looks so excited at this point, it was adorable.
"I hope that I can be," I give the girl a genuine smile.
"Ohh I've always wanted one of those," the child then takes a surprising serious tone, "you better treat mama as good as she treats me. It's just been us forever and mama... Shes a princess OK?"
"I promise," The little girl quickly holds out her pinkie finger to me and makes me pinkie swear, the pure smile returns to her face when I do so.
I look down at the drawing of me, (Y/N) and her, Hope stands right in the middle of the both of us and where surrounded by a field of beautiful flowers. The field look similar to the one in her mother painting. Although the flowers in this drawing are every colour of the rainbow.
(Y/N) yells from a room upstairs, "Hope honey, is there a customer downstairs?"
"No mama it's your boyfriend," I suddenly heard the banging noise of (Y/N) rushing down the stairs.
She stepped into the room wearing a light pink lace dress that ended just bellow her knee, her hairs down and was curled in a way that framed her face beautifully and she had small matching flowers laced into her hair. I couldn't hide the fact my jaw was practically gaped open and she giggled, the melodic sound making me feel high.
For a moment i just stared at her, the room was dead silent.
Then she spoke breaking the lustful since that hung in the air "I wasn't expecting you so soon Levi."
"I...I was j..just," oh my god am I actually stuttering, how embarrassing. I knew she'd look beautiful as always but she blew me away. I take a deep breath, "I finished my duties early."
She nods at me then turns to Hope, "Eren will be here to watch you soon, will you be ok if I leave early?" The child agrees happily.
"Eren?" I raise a thick brow hoping she isn't talking about that damn brat.
"Yes you probably know him he's a scout too. We have been friends for a long time," she talks with an innocent grin on her face but I can't help but get mad.
The hell does that kid want with my girl!
Look at her. I bet he wants her.
I'll end that brat if he thinks he can take what's mine.
"Shall we go then?" Her smile pulling me out of the my homicidal trance, I quickly wrap my arm around her own and pull her from her home.