Chapter 2

"We have to get Happy back!" Natsu slammed his fist against the bar of the guild. "We went all the way out there for a stupid plant and ended up getting Happy kidnapped?!" the Salamander actually found himself hating the healing plant they were sent to obtain. His hands trembling with anger. "Whoever that guy was, he's gonna pay!"

"Please, try to calm down!" Lucy shouted at Natsu, her eyes closed and her hands shaking just as fiercely as Natsu's, the entire guild stopping in it's tracks to stare at Lucy. "We're gonna get Happy back! I promise you!" Silence dawned over the entire building. The atmosphere growing heavy around them. Everyone's eyes focusing completely on the two mages sitting at the bar.
"What is the meaning of this? Are you two fighting?" her stern voice nearly echoed through the still guild. Erza Scarlet entered the building, no eyes moving to acknowledge her. She found herself in the middle of the guild, an eyebrow raised at her two guild members. "What's the matter with you two?" she continued to question.
"You might not have heard, but some strange boy kidnapped Happy for a stupid ransome," Gray spoke up, occupying a spot next to the redhead legend. Erza shut her eyes, her brows furrowing at the news.
"Then what are we doing here? Why aren't we out there fighting for our friend?" Erza snapped at them. Natsu grit his teeth, his canines exposed. Lucy brought her hands to her shoulders, her eyes brimming with tears. Without breathing a word, Natsu boldly shoved a paper in Erza's face, flashing her the same picture of a box the masked man had given them the night before.
"This is what that cowards after. This is what he wants! We can't find him anywhere, trust me, we've looked! We've gotta find whatever this thing is and bring it to him! So if you aren't gonna help me, then I suggest you just get out of the way!" Still frozen from the earlier outburst, everyone's eyes widened at the tone of voice Natsu took with Titania.
"I know exactly what you're looking for," a deep, mistrusting voice emerged from the intense silence that surfaced from the crowd. Everyone's gaze shifted to the black haired dragon slayer that stepped up from his desolate seat in the corner of the guild's bar. Natsu grit his teeth yet again, breathing heavily through his nostrils.
"What did you say?" the salamander uttered as Gajeel walked up to the trio, his eyes closed and his muscular arms crossed over his chest. Casually, the dragon slayer answered,
"I have the thing you're looking for and I'm willing to give it to you on one condition," - Gajeel paused, opening his eyes with a grin pulling at his lips - "You've gotta take me with you to see this so-called kidnapper." Natsu grinned.
"I don't see why not. Gives me the opportunity to finally show you up!" Suspiciously, Lucy watched Gajeel, questions bouncing against the walls of her mind, urging to spill from her lips. She couldn't help but to feel uneasy about the situation. But there was nothing more she could do but sit and wait for the turn of events that was bound to happen.
"Yeah, whatever, flame breath," and that was all he said before leaving the guild, his arms crossed over his chest, and his eyes closed.