Chapter 44-1. Masamang Hangin.

Miguel Josef Uy Monteverde has a deep frown marring his handsome face as he sat alone by the bar. He seemed unaware of the girls giggling behind him, trying to get his attention. Sa totoo lang, he was there with his friends, with Paul, Jerry, Ivan and many other GWAPS students… not to mention, Kate. Yeah, the girl who was with him sa Starbucks indeed has a name, and it was not even close to Annah or Tanya. Her name was Kate, nalaman lang din ito ni Sef when Paul called on her a while ago. Tonight, however, Sef doesn’t feel like socializing with any of them. Mas gusto niyang umupo mag-isa dito sa may bar with his 3rd glass of Whisky.

Hanggang ngayon kasi, he just couldn’t understand a certain, Eleonor Malicsi Dimaculangan… even from the very first time na nakita niya ito sa Boy’s CR sa MUP noon… he just doesn’t get her at all. Nasabi nga niya noon na isang malaking palaisipan sa kanya ang dalaga.

“Gaddamnit, she’s driving me nuts!!” He hissed despite of himself. Hindi din kasi maalis sa isip niya yung mga pangyayari kanina sa Starbucks… when he was inside his car, watching Ellie together with Max… Gusto niyang bumaba nun at basta na lang haltakin ang dalaga papalayo… “Tsk.” He took the glass of Whisky near his lips, glaring at the bottle of beer the bartender was holding.

Sef has to admit, he never expected things to come to this. He gave out an exasperated sigh as he massaged the bridge of his nose. He called Ellie a Clown because of one reason – She was entertaining enough for his uncontainableboredom. Truth be told, wala lang naman talaga si Ellie sakanya nun ee, yung pustahan sa Tagaytay? Yung mga date nila? Huh. They all mean nothing to him. Ika nga nila, trip-trip lang. He just wanted something…. someone to divert his attention away from Lianne. Yeah, everything he did… it was all about forgetting Lianne.

Lianne. Sef scoffed, slightly smirking. Wow. The name doesn’t seem too heavy anymore…

When suddenly…

“You know what?” A familiar voice then came beside Sef, completely shaking him out of his reverie. “You look like someone I know…” Sef’s eyes narrowed at mas lalo pang lumalim ang kunot sa noo nito ng makita niya kung sino yung lalaking lumapit sakanya. No, it wasn’t Jerry, no, definitely not Paul either nor was it Ivan… mas lalong hindi si Japo. “You’re batman right?”

The guy has short jet black hair, fashioned in a messy kind of way that looked perfect for him. He has a fair complexion, and stood just an inch taller than Sef. He was wearing a black fitted-polo shirt, which was unbuttoned all the way his mid-stomach, completely exposing his chest and a pair of Levi’s jeans. He has silver necklaces dangling loosely around his neck. His eyes were dark, katulad mismo ng kay Sef. Everything about him was irresistibly hot. Tipong bad-boy image.

At ngayong magkatabi pa sila ni Sef sa may bar, hindi tuloy alam nung mga babae kung kanino titingin, ultimo yung barista na babae parang nawala yung concentration ee. Haha.

“What the hell…” Sef cursed, getting more pissed off. “Get lost, Enzo!”

“See?” The guy, whose name appeared to be Enzo, grinned before drinking on the bottle of beer he was holding.“You’re the same old Grinch, huh, Josef?”

“And you’re the same douche bag that I know.”

Enzo gave a smirk, with only one side of his lips turning up. “Now, that is not the proper way to greet a cousin. You don’t want to upset grandpa with your manners, right Miggy boy?”

Sef’s eyes darkened. Enzo knew exactly the right buttons to push. Nobody calls him Miggy boy except his jerk-of-a-cousin. Yeah, unfortunately this is his only cousin! They are not exactly in good terms… kahit noong mga bata pa sila, there has always been a fiery competition between them.