Chapter 6: I'll Never, Ever Leave You

**The night before the plane crash**

"Wooow! The view from up here is unbelievable!" I gushed as I stared down at the city below. "I can see the whole of Paris from here! It's soooo beautiful!" I grinned as I took in the scenery below me. The city lights below looked like stars from up here. It looked like stars had fallen out of the sky and landed on the ground. It was so beautiful.

A few minutes later, my eyes drifted to the sky above and I gasped in awe. There were so many stars out and they looked magical. I immediately forgot about the lovely view from the top of the Eiffel tower and focused on the stars instead. I never could get over how beautiful stars were. I felt like they were smiling down at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

A shooting star ran across the sky, disappearing behind one of the stars almost immediately and if I had blinked I would've missed it. I quickly closed my eyes and made a wish. A wish that I had wanted to come true from the moment I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Harrison.

"Harry, did you see—Oh my God!" I screamed, slapping my hands over my mouth as I saw Harrison down on one knee holding open a black velvet box which held the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen. I couldn't control the tears that poured out from my eyes in that moment. My wish had come true so fast.

"Nicole Aderonke Olawale, from the first time I set my eyes on you in that red dress you always loved so much, and you smiled at me, I knew I wanted you to be in my life forever. I never got the chance to meet you that night but fate brought us together again a million miles from home and I made a promise to never let you out of my sight again.

"You are the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on, inside and out and I am the luckiest man in the world to have known you and I am beyond lucky to have you love me. You could've chosen anyone in the world but you chose me and I could never thank you enough for that. I want a forever after with you, Nicole. I want to love you for the rest of our lives and I want to build a family with you. I want to wake up with you in my arms, I want to go to bed with you in my arms and I want to run home to you everyday of my life. I want to make life long memories with you and I want to grow old right beside you, holding your hand until the day I die.

"I could never live without you, Nicole. You have a piece of my soul and if you ever leave, I couldn't survive, so, please, say you'd never leave me. Say you'll be mine forever."

I had loved every word that left Harrison's lips, so much so that when he stopped, I frowned.

"Is that all?" Was my reply and the people that I hadn't realized had gathered to watch laughed.

"You want me to say more?" Harrison's eyes widened and his jaw dropped in disbelief.

My lips pulled upward in a smile but I caught it before Harrison noticed and nodded stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Do you know how long it took me to write this one? I'm out of speeches!" He said annoyed and I threw my face away from him.

"I don't care. I want to hear more." I insisted and Harrison scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief as he muttered some incoherent words under his breath.

"Will you marry me or not?" He sounded frustrated and it took all my will power not to laugh.

"I won't if you keep up that attitude."

"Attitude!? I'm the one with attitude?" I bit my lower lip as a laugh almost escaped my lips. His expression was priceless. He looked like he was about to rip his hair out. "Nicole." He noticed this and caught on to what I was doing.

I let out a loud laugh right then. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Of all the times to pull a joke, you chose this moment? Really?" He face palmed with his free hand.

"I told you I'd get you when you least expected it." I shrugged and he let out a chuckle, his expression easing back into its happy state.

"You got me. Now, could you please let me put this ring on your finger? My knee is killing me."

"But you haven't asked me the 'question' yet."

"Fu—I just did!" He was back to being frustrated.

"No, you didn't!" I argued and just as Harrison was about to speak, the sound of violins cut him off. "Finally." I gave a sigh of relief. I had been waiting for the band to arrive.

"You like it?" I asked as Harrison's entire face lit up, staring at the band.

"You planned this?" He asked, turning to me and I smiled, nodding excitedly. "And you were stalling, so, they'd get here." He said in realization.

"Do you really think I'd intentionally ruin the best moment of my life?"

"Yes, I do." He nodded and I gasped, smacking his arm. He laughed. "I love you, Nicole." He stared up at me with so much awe that my heart melted. He always looked at me like he couldn't believe I was real, like I was too good to be true, like I was the most beautiful person in the universe.

"I love you more, Harrison." I caressed the side of his face with my fingers. "Now, ask me before the song ends. I requested just two." I urged and he nodded, straightening his posture and clearing his throat.

"Nicole Aderonke Olawale, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked and a huge grin formed on my face.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" I screamed and he grinned, slipping the ring onto my finger as I put out my hand.

Harrison sprang up to his feet and scooped me up in his arms, spinning me around as he yelled 'She said yes! She said yes!'.

Once he set me down, he placed a lingering kiss on my lips and pulled me into his arms.

"Thank you, Nicole for being mine. I'll make you the happiest girl in the world. I promise." He said, placing a kiss to my neck.

"You already do."

We stayed in each other's arms until the song was over, it was only then Harrison pulled away but only a little, so, he could look into my eyes.

"How did you know to call the French band here? Did you know I was going to propose?" He asked, twirling a lock of my hair around his finger.

"I remembered you saying you always wanted to hear a live French band play when you traveled to Paris with your soul mate and I guess it all worked out."

"I love you so much." He placed a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you more, Harry." I smiled at him. "I'll kill you if you ever leave me." I warned, glaring at him.

"Baby, if I ever leave you, it'll only be cause I died." He cupped my cheeks with his palm. "But as long as I'm alive and sane or even insane, I'll never, ever leave your side. Never."

***********************