#22

roia jean king

i anxiously sat in front of the laptop, the NCLEX screen loading slowly. i could feel the tension growing as everyone behind me leans closer and closer in. 

"somebody hold my hand." i croak out, reaching my hand up. 

harrison's hand clasp around mine and i squeeze my eyes shut, taking a deep breath and opening them again. as soon as i open them, the score page pops up and i snatch the laptop from my table, turning around. my eyes skim through the scores until they reach the bottom of the page. 

congratulations roia king, you have obtained the official registration to practice nursing in the state of california. please refer to this page for license printing instructions. 

my breath catches in my throat and i gently close the laptop, placing it onto the table. 

"well?" mariah asks as everyone waits for me to say something. 

i feel tears fall down my cheeks and everyone's face falls. then a large smile breaks out on my face and i start screaming, jumping and punching the air. 

"I'M A REGISTERED FUCKING NURSE" i scream, making everyone follow. 

zane pops open a bottle of champagne, spraying the foam around the room. 

"i'm so proud of you." liz pouts, bringing me into a hug. 

"ummm i think we're ALL are proud of her." harrison retorts and he and tom bring us into a group hug. 

"i'm marrying a nurse. that's hot." david smirks, making everyone stop in their tracks. 

"i'm sorry what?" matt asks, cupping his hand around his ear. 

"he didn't propose." i chuckle, making everyone let out a sigh of relief.

"not yet i didn't." he winks, making me roll my eyes. 

"can i punch him?" erin asks, and i nod. 

she then punches his shoulder and he groans.

"baby what the fuck?" he whines, rubbing his now sore bicep. 

i shrug and grab the bottle from zane, taking a large chug. 

"nobody is allowed to put anymore clips of me drunk online because the board will see that and i'll lose my license." i point, glaring at them all. 

they cross their hearts and i take another sip of the velvety smooth alcohol. 

"you do remember that we have semi-finals tomorrow right?" liz asks, sipping the water from her cup. 

"yes i know. but i deserve a couple sips of alcohol. i studied my ass off for nine months, and now here i am. with my license baby." i sigh happily before handing the bottle back to zane.

david taps my shoulder, a glass of cranberry apple juice in his hands and i smile, pecking his lips softly before taking the glass and taking a sip. 

"i'm so proud of you, babygirl." he whispers into my ear, making chills crawl up my neck. 

"don't start something you can't finish." i hum through my gritted teeth. 

"you just wait."

he presses and gentle kiss onto my neck making me clench my thighs together and i cross my legs. 

"i have goals to score tomorrow."

"and i have goals to score tonight."

"jesus christ"