#2

roia jean king

"you're name kinda sounds like it belongs in a movie."

my eyes tear away from my notebook as i look up, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion as i look at the boy across from me.

"huh?"

he shrugs, turning his attention back to his laptop as he edits tonight's vlog.

"i guess that was just my way of saying you have a cool name. like roia jean. it just falls off the tongue. it's so nice."

i chuckle, shaking my head as the boy as i roll up the sleeve of his hoodie, picking my pen back up.

"good one casanova."

it's been about two weeks since the night at david's and he hasn't let up about the question during paranoia. he's asked me countless times, and he's now resorted to begging carly to tell him what she whispered into my ear that night. she had simply shrugged him off, saying she was drunk and she had forgotten. now, i sat in david's living room studying for my upcoming human anatomy final as matt, carly, and erin's shouts were ringing through the hallways of david's large home while they attempted to make balloon animals in david's podcast room. the rubber squeaking flooding my ears as i scribbled the notes onto the sheet of paper in front of me. with every minute that passes by, the squeaking and yelling gets louder and louder. i sigh, putting my forehead in my hands when i feel something warm covering my ears. i look up at david who's standing above me, hands on the headphones that he had just placed over my head, soothing tones flooding my ears. he smiles softly down at me, making my heart flutter. i move one side of the headphones off my ear, the tips of my fingers lightly grazing the side of david's hand, causing my heart to skip a beat.

"don't you need them to edit?"

"i just finished, it's uploading. i'll play you a relaxing playlist. help you focus."

my heart clenches in my chest as take a brave moment to place my hand over his.

"thank you davey."

he just smiles in return and places the earphone back over my ear. i huddle my knees up to my chest, pulling the hood up over my head and pulling the drawstrings. the edges clenching around the frames of my glasses. i continue scribbling over the page and and who knows how long goes by until the lighting changes and there's a tap on my thigh. i drop my pen, grabbing  looking up at natalie who's smirking down at me. i take the hood off along with the headphones and smile up at her. her hand extends, holding a glass towards me. i take it, cocking my head slightly.

"what's this?"

"david told me to bring this to you and not to tell you that he told me to bring this to you." she smirks.

"don't make that face." i roll my eyes, grabbing my phone off of the table and checking the time.

i pout as i take a sip of the juice.

"it's so late already. how long have i been here?"

"just a couple hours since david put those headphones on you. and it's not even that late roy. it's barely 7."

"yeah but i've been here since 2. david must hate me." i chuckle, gathering up my things and putting them back into the clickbait backpack that david insisted i use throughout the school year.

natalie smirks at me as pulls her legs up onto the couch.

"we both know david doesn't hate you."

"don't say it like that." i chuckle, sitting next to natalie on the couch, throwing the large white fluffy blanket over my shoulders.

natalie simply shrugs, letting out a dramatic sigh.