*Chapter 2*

I walked into the doors of my middle school with a bit of hesitance. I saw a couple of people stare but not that many people noticed me. Fine with me. I searched for my locker on the 8th grade floor. Locker 143. I opened it and stuffed my backpack inside. I grabbed a notebook, a folder and a pencil then slammed it shut. That's when I saw him. "Maldita sea, multa" (Damn, He fine), I mumbled.

He had two long braids coming down the side of his smooth looking milk chocolate skin. His arms were kinda buff, as I could see from the part of his arms that his black T-Shirt showed. He had the locker next to me. Locker 142. I stared for a little bit and went to the bathroom. Luckily, I was the only one in there. I freshened myself up, and sprayed a little bit of perfume on my petite body. I'm not short, I'm just fun-sized. Only 5 feet.

I heard the bell ring and some doors close. I straightened my shirt and fixed the tongue on my shoes.

"I can do this," I whispered to myself. I walked out the bathroom door and looked for my class. Advanced Math. I guess they saw my past report cards and placed me there. Awesome.

I found the class and walked in. The whole class stopped and stared. It's funny because I remember doing this to the new kids at my old school. Now, they doing it to me. The new kid.

"Oh, you must be Chanel," I heard the teacher say. "Tell us some things about yourself." Oh yeah I would love to be put on the spot on my first day, thank you Ms.Teacher Lady.

"Umm.. Okay, my name is Chanel Sims, I'm from Oakland, I'm in 8th grade an-" this girl cut me off.

"Duhh your in the 8th grade this is an 8th grade class and we are all 8th graders!" she chuckled.So did some girls behind her. They seem like her groupies. I gotta feeling that I'm gonna have a problem with her. But she was right. I'm just super nervous, that's all.

"Okay thank you for unnecessary input, Erica. Well Ms. Sims, you can take a seat next to Raquan back there." the teacher stated. Raquan rose is hand, indicating to me where he was.

That's when I realized. The two braids, the smooth looking skin, the kinda buff arms. He was the boy at Locker 142. Raquan. Sexy name. And he's smart. Clearly. He's in Advanced Math.

I walked to where he was located and sat down. "Hey, I'm Raquan, Raquan Smith," I was hoping he said something to me.

"Chanel, Chanel Sims. Nice to meet you."

He held out his hand that I happily shook. His hands were so warm compared to my ice cold fingers. It kinda simmered my nervousness for a while. He smiled at me. I just grinned back, I didn't wanna seem eager. I wanna seem cool, laidback, you know?

:: Raquan's (Ray's) POV ::

Chanel. That's a sexy name. Well, she is a sexy girl. So it fits her. It's something about her though. She got that Ladyy Swagg, with two y's and two g's in it. It's double the lady and double the swag in my book. That's how she got Ladyy Swagg. The way she walked in, was with confidence with a little bit of nervousness in her eyes. She's smart too! Clearly. She's in Advanced Math. I wanna know more stuff about her. Let's start. " Soo, Chanel, I know you didn't get to finish what you had to say up there because of Erica. She's always running her big mouth. But I was actually interested in what you had to say. What was it?" I whispered. She smiled at me with those gorgeous pearly white teeth that were so perfect. Like her. "I was gonna say that I love basketball before I was rudely interrupted," she whispered as she moved her hair from out of her face. We both giggled. "Excuse me Mr. Smith? You can flirt with Ms. Sims when class is over," the teacher stated. It was true though. I was trying to flirt with her, well not necessarily flirt, but get to know her better. The class giggled. She put her face in her hands and you can see her blushing because her bright yellow skin turned into a rose red color."Sorry Ms. Gomez." I said. I turned my face to Chanel's direction, "I'm sorry," I mouthed. She stuck up her thumb indicating that it was okay. I decided to write her a note. "I bet you can't beat me in basketball," I wrote. She playfully rolled her beautiful white eyes at me. She wrote on the paper and slid it back to me "You think! I may be small but this girl got handle, ball handle!" I can see her starting to come out of her shell with me, which was great. It shows me that she can get comfortable quickly. It wouldn't be that hard for me now. "What class you got next?" I wrote to her. "I think Art and Dance," she wrote. Yes. She has the next two classes with me, awesome! "Well I'll see you in the next class then!" I wrote. She smiled at me, sorta like she was excited that I was in class with her. This is gonna be a good day. I can already tell!