Chapter 48 ~ Violet

Start from the beginning

"No, but it doesn't seem normal." He squints his eyes, trying to figure it out.

"Wow, thanks." Is my response as I roll my eyes, hoping to distract him. My make up covered it up a little, but with how close he is to me, there is no way it is hiding enough.

"I'm serious, Vile. Are you feeling alright?" For once he was not being his usual, joking self. He seemed genuinely worried, the exact thing that I wanted to avoid.

Placing my hands against his chest, I lightly shove him back to get some distance between us. The farther he was from my face, the better. "I'm fine, Mule! We better hurry, or Adalena will get worried!" I remind him casually, walking out into the hallway.

"Alright, as long as you're sure. By the way, Dil won't be joining us for breakfast." Sam relays this piece of information to me, and I do not even question it.

"He's eating it at Ev's side, isn't he?" I ask the question, even though I already know the answer. It's been three days since we brought Leah home and had Ev healed, but she had still to wake up. The plus side was that she was regaining some colour to her skin and that meant, according to Adalena, that she should be waking up any day now. Dilan obviously did not want to leave her side, as she could wake up at any moment and he wanted to be there when she did. At least he's eating. He may spend his time by her side, but at least he is watching his health, more than I can say about myself at the moment.

"Bingo!" He informs me, as he falls into step with me and we make our way to kitchen.

"Good morning, Adalena!" We greet in usion, as we take a seat at the kitchen table, Mule sitting beside me.

"Good morning, you two. Sleep well?" Adalena asks us, her back turned to as as she hold a spatula, flipping some chocolate chip pancakes in a pan on the stove.

"Yeah! As sound as a log!" Mule emphasises dramatically and I roll my eyes.

"How about you, Violet dear?" I was glad her back was turned to us, so I didn't have to worry if she would be able to see the exhaustion on my face.

"I slept well. It's been awhile since I slept on something comfortable." I mean, what I said was not a complete lie, right? I may have not slet perfectly, but I slept as well as could have.

"That's good to hear! Lucky for you two, you made it just in time! The next batch of pancakes have finished." With expert hands, she dishes the pancakes out of the pan, serving them on separate plates for Mule and I. She then hands us some utensils and slides the syrup along with a bowl of berries in front of us. The moment she finishes doing this, a familiar patter of small feet can be heard and soon after Leah walks into the kitchen, brushed this time.

"'Morning!" She greets us all with a wild smile on her face as her mother turns back to the stove to cook some more pancakes for Leah.

"Violet!" Leah exclaims as she jumps into my lap, leaving me barely any time to toss the utensils I was using on my plate so that I wouldn't hurt her with them as I returned her hug.

"Hey! How're you?" I ask as I run my hand along the back of her head, petting her hair as she hugs me tight.

"I'm great!" She reports to me, as she pulls away smiling widely as she sits on my lap. "Hey, Sam!", Leah greets Sam, calling him by name as her mother scolded her for calling him 'Mule', saying it was not nice. I felt a bit guilty at that, since she got it from me.

In response to her greeting, Mule smiles tightly so that it looks more like a grimace than a smile, then turns his attention back to his food. Leah and I shared a laugh at how uncomfortable he was. After all this time, he was still bad with kids. The fact that I actually found it cute, was a secret I would be taking to my grave though.

"Alright, Leah! Off of Violet now, she needs to eat her breakfast." This gentle scolding from her mother had Leah rising off my lap with a pout as she sat down in the seat beside me. Once she was seated, a plate of pancakes was set before her. A grin replaced the pout on her face in an instant as she drowned her pancakes with syrup, topping them with a handful of berries.

Taking in the sight, Adalena merely shook her head deciding to let her do as she wishes knowing full well the hyper Leah she would have to deal with later. I experienced it my first breakfast here, and it was quite a site.

Sighing, she turns to me and I offer her a sympathetic smile before turning my head down to my food.

"Oh, I forgot to mention! I made coffee, would the two of you like a cup?" The moment we hear the word coffee, Mule and I both shoot our heads up simultaneously. "Yes, please!"

Chuckling, Adalena heads to the cabinet that holds her mugs and brings out two light blue coffee mugs. "How do you guys like your coffee?"

"One creamer and two sugars!" We answer her question simultaneously once again. It appeared that Mule and I had more in common than I thought.

Adalena chuckles as she prepares our coffee, then sets each cup down on the table in front of each of us before she turns back and fixes a cup of her own.

"It's a beautiful day outside! Why don't the two of you go for a walk? It would be much healthier than staying cooped up in the house all day!" As she suggest this, she takes a seat at the table in front of us as she takes a sip of her coffee.

I also take a sip of my own coffee before responding. "Well I usually go on morning runs, but I don't think it would be a good idea to leave with Ev's condition. We should be here in case something happens."

"Oh, come on Vile! It'll just be for about half an hour max! Besides, we can't be here for her if we're all riled up like this." For once Mule's words were actually good ones and I took a moment to consider them.

Sensing my hesitation, Adalena raises an eyebrow as she takes another sip of her coffee. "Well?"

I sigh in defeat. "Alright, alright! We'll go! But no more than half an hour max, got it?"

Mule smiles then salutes me dramatically. "Aye, aye sir!"

"That's ma'am!"

"Sorry. Aye, aye ma'am! Happy?"

"Yes, thank you." I internally sigh. It was going to be a long half hour. Grabbing my mug of coffee I quickly drain the contents, lightly burning my mouth in the process.

"Thank you for breakfast, Adalena! Let's go Mule!" I tell him as I rise out of my chair and head for the front door.

"We're going now?! But I haven't finished eating!" Mule complains as I put my shoes on.

"Then hurry up!" I yell back impatiently.

A few minutes later, Mule joins me at the door with a mouth full of food. "You two stay safe!" Adalena calls to us as she, by the sound of the plates clinking, cleans up our breakfast.

"We will!" Mule and I respond as we head out of the house to meet the sun's rays.

*I know, I know I'm really late! I'm really sorry for the unintentional hiatus, but there were some family matters I had to deal with and now with work and school it's been really crazy!

Thank you all for sticking with me and Cas and the gang! Hopefully things will quiet down a little and I can go back to weekly updates, if not they'll be bi-weekly or whenever I can update!

I had actually been working on this chapter for the past two months and a half in between all the craziness. Violet and Sam's walk was also supposed to be included in this chapter, but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting much longer, so it will be a part of the next chapter in Violet's POV. I may combine the chapters or keep them separate, depends on how I feel.

Anyway, end of my really long author's note lol!

If you liked this chapter, leave a vote and comment your thoughts! Also feel free to follow me! I also didn't proofread because I wanted to get this out as soon as possible to you guys, so I apologize for any mistakes!

See you next update!

~Zozocandy4 :)*