17. "revenge served with gravy'

"He is the Devil" I spit,while Jug simply laughs and continued pouring coffee.

"Kid, I'm never gonna tell you what to do and we all know I'm no model father, but maybe peace mightn't be such a bad idea?" FP rarely spoke in the solemn tone he was using right now, which indicated how serious he took this.

I gave him a weak smile, trying to form the right sentences, scrabbling for the words.

"It's not that. I wish more than anything there could be peace. I wish part of me, could find it in me to forgive him. But I can't. It's like giving him any forgiveness angers me even more. He doesn't deserve it. Not after he left us ."

FP nods,taking in what I just said. "Well, look, kid that's your business and if you choose to do so, that's up to you" Momentarily, the Serpent King's speech gets interrupted as Sweetpea swiftly enters the trailer.

"Uh, morning"

FP doesn't respond, instead choosing to study the younger boy intently. Sweetpea gulps, and for the first time, the brazen Serpent has no words. FP keeps this up for a few more moments, while the beanie clad boy behind him potters around, making rounds of toast. "Breakfast?" Jug offers a slice to Sweetpea, who shakes his head, squirming underneath FP's hard gaze. "Boy,he's fine. Me and him have some business to attend to anyways" Sweetpea nods meekly,stepping aside to let FP open the door. "Enjoy your dinner, Indigo" FP calls, before waving Jug and I goodbye.

Before I can dwell on Sweetpea's unusual behaviour, Jug distracts me by flinging toast onto my lap,spraying crumbs everywhere. "You truly have the manners of a chimpanzee" Jug simply smiles,batting his eyelashes as I flip him off. "So, the O'Malley Garcias reunite for a Gallagher style dinner. Should end well" Jug's smile never falters "Especially, with your delightful hungover head"

"Hey!" I protest "I'm not hungover!" Jug points to the toast I've taken bites of "You're eating breakfast. You're hungover" The Jones boy has a point,not that I'll admit that. He smiles smugly at my lack of response. "It's almost twelve, you should get going"
Shaking my head at the haired boy, I finish his toast "I'm in no hurry to get back to the Dragons Den" Jug raises his amused "And who said I don't have stuff to do? Beat it" He says, all in good humour.

I'm on my way out and I turn to thank him,before remembering something I had actually been meaning to ask Sweetpea "Did you and Archie find Fangs?" The whereabouts of my second favourite Serpent had been on my mind. Jug swiftly turns to pop more bread into the toaster "Yeah, he just got a bit lost, too many drinks you know yourself" Now,whereas I was absolutely smashed, Fangs was nowhere near as bad at least,not enough to get lost in the Northside, somewhere both he and Sweetpea have visited countless times. Or perhaps, I was simply overthinking this small piece of information, but something about it jutted out as suspicious.

"He got lost?" I ask,skeptical. The Jones boy remains with his back to me,nodding. "Yeah" Frowning now , I respond coolly with "Fangs wasn't nearly as bad as me, and can actually navigate his way around, unlike that other goon" Jug   pauses and turns around, his expression softened.

"Look, Indy, sometimes people just get lost. End of story"  he says, his arms spread apart .

"If you say so. Thanks for the kip again. I'll, uh, see you" Uncertainty hovers in the air between us, this small disagreement clearly striking a nerve in both of us. "Enjoy dinner, Carl Gallagher" he gives me a smirk which I respond to with a finger, but it's still somehow awkward. Closing the door, I leave confused between all of the Serpents' actions.