S E V E N T E E N

First day of school

Charlotte's POV

Today was the first day of First Grade. I'm really nervous, new school, it's just really nerve-racking. I thought to myself as I put on my shoes before headed down for breakfast.

"Hey Lotts." Everyone greeted as I walked in the dining room, "hey." I sat down. Mum gave me a plate of pancakes with fruit. "Thanks mummy." I said as I started to eat.

"So Lottie, first grade, huh?" Dad looked at me smiling. I just gave him a half smile with a shrug and pushed my food around with the fork. "It's alright to be nervous love, you'll be fine."

"But what if there's another Melissa there?" I looked at them. "Well then you tell us, we'll sort it out with the school." Mum smiled. "Now eat or you'll be hungry." "Fine." I said as I shoved a strawberry in my mouth.

•••

Before we left mum made sure that I would get pictures with everyone before we leave, for memories.

For some reason the whole family decided to come with me to drop me off to school, but first we dropped of Paddy at his school, and then it was my turn.

"So Lottie, are you excited for first grade?" Tom asked as he filmed an instagram story pointing the camera to me. "Yeah, but I'm really nervous." I smile at the camera.

"We are here." Dad announced as he pulled up to the school parking lot. "Oh no." A wave of fear washer over me.

Everyone got out, as did I. Tom handed me my bag and lunch bag. And we stood in front the school entrance where all the kids my age were hurriedly running to the building. How? Do they go without feeling nervous? I thought.

We went to the principals office to get my class number, and times. Also for mum and dad to sign a few things.

We were walking out the principal's office when I took a step forward, then turned around. "I can't do this." I looked at them.

Mum walked over to me. "Darling you'll be fine, everyone gets nervous on the first of school, you'll meet new people, even learn a few more things. How does that sound?" Mum smiled at me.

"To make you feel better, I cried on my first day of school." Tom kneeled to my height. I giggled. "As well as me and Sam." Harry laughed. "Yeah I cried more than Harry though." Sam smiled.

"Do you want us to walk you to your class?" Dad asked. I looked at my class number to find it two doors down the hallway.

"No." I stated which resulted in look of shock on their faces. "I'm a big girl now." I smiled showing my missing tooth. They smiled at me, I turned around and walked towards my class room. I turned around one last time and waved goodbye to them before enter the room.

Inside I found a lot of kids my age, more girls than boys though. I walked to the teacher who was seated at the teacher desk. She smiled at me and looked at the list of students. "Charlotte Holland?" She looked at me. I nodded.

"Alright class we have a new student joining us today, can everyone say hello to Charlotte Holland." She announced to the class. Choruses of "Hello Charlotte." Was heard around the class room. "Alright darling, you can go sit next to James. James can you please rise your hand." She instructed.

A hand rose at the middle of the class next to the window. I went over and put my stuff on the floor, I took in his features. Dark hair, bright hazel eyes, taller than me, fair but had a tan to him, upturned nose.

"Hi I'm James, nice to meet you." He outstretched his hand which I shook. "Charlotte nice to meet you too." I smiled at him.

During the day, the teacher who I found out her name was ms. Westfield taught us maths, reading, and spelling. During break time me and James has really hit it off and we became instantly best friends. I even helped him with a few things he had trouble understanding and vice versa.

It was the end of the day, not going to lie but I didn't want to go home. I wanted to stay with James and play all day. I walked out to the front entrance to see all 3 of my brothers. I smiled and quickly ran to them. Tom kneeled down my height as I came crashing him into a big hug.

Sam was carrying my bag to the car, while Tom held my hand to the car with Harry following next to us smiling at me. "So Lottie how your first day?" Tom asked from the drivers seat.

"It was great, I know how to do addition now." I smugly said. "Really, ok then let's test you." Harry challenged. "Bring it on linguini." I smirked at him calling he by the name Harrison told me too.

"What's 3+3?" He asked. "6" I answered him.

"Hmm ok lets do one harder, What's 10+10?" He asked.

"20." I counted the way Ms. Westfield has taught us. Harry look at me impressed that I answered the questions right.

"Don't let him fool you lottie, he didn't know how to add until second grade." Sam said referring to Harry. "Not true." Harry gasped. "Yeah, Yeah, keep convincing yourself." Tom laughed.

Soon we had arrived home, I ran to the door to be greeted by mum. "Mummy." I yelled and ran into her open arms. She picked me up swinging my side to side. "Oh have I missed you." Mum said. "I missed you too." I aid as she put me down.

"Let's get you changed yeah?" She smiled at me taking my hand taking me upstairs to my room to change.

 Once I was changed I went downstairs and saw dad

Once I was changed I went downstairs and saw dad. "Daddy." I squealed and ran into his arms "Lottie." He mimicked my squealing.

"Now come and tell us about your first day." He pulled me to the living room where everyone was seated.

"I have a friend." I started which made all of them smile. "What's her name?" Tom asked.

"HIS name is James." I correct him. All 3 of my brothers looked at me with wide eyes.

"ITS BOY?!" They all exclaimed.