0 . 3 8

| B E V A N D R E D |
• • •
0 . 3 8

     Beverly couldn't stop smiling, not since they agreed to rent the apartment, and had both signed their names onto the now shared lease

Beverly couldn't stop smiling, not since they agreed to rent the apartment, and had both signed their names onto the now shared lease. Red couldn't wait to go back to Gina's house, and tell her the big news. Then Caroline, then Beth, the Monica, then he'd personally call Gavin and rave about he and Caroline's baby on the way.

     Red spent the rest of the afternoon separating their things into labeled boxes. First, he separated their bathroom items, into a box labeled bathroom. Then, he did the same with the rest.

     Sitting atop of a heavy duty waste basket, Beverly watched as Red began to get create whenever running out of room.

     Only yesterday afternoon, they'd gone shopping at the nearest Home Goods, and Beverly had color coordinated their entire kitchen, living room, and bedroom—including the guest bedroom, that Red had secretly been saving for whenever Gina inevitably kicked Cole out.

     Beverly walked up behind Red, his fingers trailing trails onto the border of Red's shoulders. While squeezing, Red sighed deeply, his heart clenching with an overwhelming kind of joy.

     Red leaned into the touch, "we could have some fun before we finish up?"

     Beverly chuckled, leaning away. "No way, your mom and sisters are downstairs."

     Red groaned, turning to Beverly, his hand swatting at Beverly's behind. The twenty-year-old squealed, a scowl overtaking his features. "And that is exactly why we will be having zero fun."

• • •

The day was good. Great, actually. Both Red and Beverly giggled hysterically as they pushed their sofa into the living room, Red chuckling at Beverly's enormous effort to push the couch with all of his bits of strength.

They'd spent the entire day settling into the apartment, their new home now filled to their brim with plain Jane furniture, and candles of Beverly's favorite scent.

"Don't laugh at me! I'm trying here, Matt."

Red apologized, and pushed the couch into place with all of his might, the two of them settling into a spot beside one another.

Beverly threw a leg over Red's, Red groaning aloud. "There's all of this space, and you choose to lie right on top of me?"

Beverly shrugged, snuggling more into Red's side. "You're big, and comfy, and just—wonderful."

Red gasped, "are you calling me fat, Bev?"

Beverly climbed atop of Red even more, his bottom lying right about of Red's pelvis. "Of course not. I was trying to complement you."

"You suck at it."

Beverly took a moment, his thoughts from earlier during the week resurfacing into his head.

He'd been thinking about it for weeks. And with them having a now stable home, he couldn't help but want something beyond a high school diploma, and two incarcerated parents.

"Hey, Matt," he began, Red humming softly. "I've been thinking, and I don't know, it was just a thought. But, I was looking at college courses online, and it seemed like a good idea at the time—"

"That sounds like a great fucking idea. Why didn't you tell me sooner? You could've been enrolled by now." Red swatted Beverly's thigh, who nuzzled himself deeper into Red's neck.

"I don't know, I wasn't entirely sure at the time, but now that we're both on the same page, it seems perfect. Just like us—this. It's all perfect, now."

Red chuckled, his fingers massaging circles onto Beverly's lower back. "And it wasn't perfect before?"

"Oh, shut up. I'm just saying, I want this to start off on the right foot. And with us moving in together, me going to school, and you doing whatever it is that you're passionate about, I know that we'll be okay. How can we not?"

Red smiled, his nose nuzzling Beverly, as the younger boy's cheeks heating at the gesture. "I love you, Bev."

"I love you, too, Red."