She grabbed Max's hand, her breath picking up, "he knows we're here." She says to them all.

Nancy instantly went to the door, the rest of the group following quickly as they exited the cabin and walked to the road. They froze, seeing the creature stalk towards them in the distance, taking down trees with it.

"Oh, my god," Eve breathed out, grabbing Max's hand as fear rushed through her veins, "everyone inside, now!" She called running in. Nancy didn't follow, running to the shed to get the gun before running inside.

When they were all inside, they covered the windows with tables and wardrobes, stopping the mind flayer when it eventually would arrive. As Max went to help Lucas with something, Eve grabbed her arm.

"Max, Max please listen to me." Eve started saying to the girl, holding both her arms with her hands as the others rushed to cover windows.

"Eve, we don't have-" Max starts to say to her.

"No! Listen to me!" Eve cuts her off quickly, making Max shut up, "I... I Forgive you, okay?"
She says, her voice shaking as Max's face softens, "What you did sucked, but we have more important things to worry about now."

"I'll make it up to you," Max says to Eve, who shakes her head, tears forming, "and I will, When this is over."

"Great, sure, but right now," Eve says in a panicked voice, "right now this is a nightmare okay, That thing wants to kill us. And I can't have you hurt."

"Eve-"

"Just shut up!" Eve stresses, cupping Max's cheek with her right hand, "I love you, Max, and I need you safe... I need you safe. So if I tell you to run or tell you to hide over the next twenty four hours. I need you to trust me and listen, okay? You promise?"

"I will," Max nods, pulling Eve a little closer as Eve didn't move her hands.

"No. You have to promise," Eve says to her, her voice still very much panicked as the thing got closer and closer

"I promise," Max nods, making Eve send her a sad smile as she caresses her cheek.

Eve then quickly leans in, giving Max a kiss they both needed. It was a forgiveness kiss, hopefully not a last kiss, and as soon as it started it was over, the two girls breaking apart.

"I love you." They said at the same time, chuckling after, before turning back to the horror of reality, their hands clasped tightly in each others grips.

"Get away from the windows." Nancy tells Mike, as everyone groups in the middle.

"Eleven," Eve says, turning to Eleven, "you have to fight it with me, I can't take it on my own."

"I know." El smiles sadly, "And I'm sorry."

"I forgive you." Eve tells her, "ready?"

"Ready." She nods as everyone braces for battle.

It was so quiet in the cabin, you could hear a pin drop. They all stayed still, looking around for movement with their eyes, when the electricity crackled and plates drying wobbled. Eve's grasp on Max's hand got tighter.