TWENTY THREE: A WAY HOME

They had established some sort of connection, all of them sat around a toy Holly had that lit up. They were waiting for it to light up or something.

Eve was the one holding it, her hands slightly shaking as she waited for them to make it work - she wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

"Seeing this?" They heard Dustin yell, making Eve move her hand above the board, the same tingling feeling in her fingers as little gold flecks followed her hand. It made all of them smile as they heard Dustin laugh in excitement, before, "not moving it... unplug... stand by."

Eve moved her hand away, making the lights go off.

"Try it now!" They heard his yell again, making Eddie pat Eve's shoulder, her nodding as she looked at the board.

"Um... Uh..." She thought about what to write before putting an H and an I.

"That worked!" They heard a yell, making them all cheer with smiles on their faces.

"Hi!" Eddie laughed as Steve linked his arms with his sister, happy they were gonna get out of there.

"Okay... um..." Eve whispered, trying to think of what to write as Robin chuckled.

S... T... U... C... K

"Stuck!" Dustin was heard again.

"Yep." Steve nodded.

"Yes, we are," Robin added.

"Watergate?" They heard Dustin yell now, making all of them a little confused.

"What the hell's Watergate?" Steve asked.

"Cause it's in water and it's a gate," Robin realised.

"Oh," Steve breathed.

"That's cute," Eddie said tilting his head slightly.

"Original," Nancy added.

"The answer is no," Eve says, looking back at the board In front of her before writing out.

G... U... A... R... D... E... D.

"Guarded," They heard Dustin yell now, making them all nod their head.

"Genius child," Robin whispered.

"We think Watergate... gate," Dustin yelled to them, "Gate at... murder."

"Anyone get what he's saying?" Steve asked.

"No." They all shook their heads, making Eve draw a question mark.

"Seriously, how many times... trust me!" They heard this time, his voice growing in anger which put them all off.

"Jesus, that kid's gotta get his ego in check," Steve mumbled, making Eddie put his head forward to look at Steve.

"it's his tone, right?" HE agrees with the Harrington boy.

"I know," Steve agrees.

"Okay... so, murder... gate, gates at the murder sights?" Nancy asks, trying to make what Dustin said comprehensible.