Something about the way that she said those words made Bonnie think Rose knew much more about her Ancestors than she was letting on.

But how could such a thing be possible?

"You don't know me" Bonnie tells her.

"You're right" Rose replied as she stares out the window, "I don't know you Bonnie Bennett more than the amount of time that I've spent with you but I do know Expression and it's dark magic. Dark magic that kills. The high you think you have going on right now is going to crash and when it does, you'll see what I mean. You'll be so far gone that you won't know how to stop" she adds as Bonnie listens carefully to her words.

"Are you a witch?" Bonnie asks her curiously. Rose snorts at this.

"No, but I've spent a fair amount of time around those of the magic community" she adds, offering a half truth.

She'd spent more than a fair amount of time around those of the magic community.

She'd spent her whole life surrounded by magic of all kinds. She'd seen what Expression did to many witches across the years.

She watched them lose their lives over and over again because of the power of Expression.

"I don't believe you" Bonnie admits openly to her as Rose turns to face her only to find the Bennett witch staring at the road ahead of her. At least she hadn't tried to make Rose a fool and lie to her. "Your knowledge of magic could put many witches to shame. I don't believe that you didn't have magic at some point in time" she says, nearly hitting the nail on the head.

"So you think I dabbled in Expression and lost my powers because of it?" Rose asks curiously, testing to see what theory Bonnie had come up with.

"It would certainly explain why you're so against it" Bonnie comments simply. Not wanting to give too much away.

"You are much smarter than you give yourself credit for, Bonnie Bennett" Rose tells her, "I know you don't trust me entirely and seem to think I'm only being 'nice' in order to achieve some end goal but when you finally open your eyes to how dangerous Expression is and you need my help then you give me a call" she adds as she leans back in her seat and closes her eyes as Bonnie muses over her words while Rose relaxes in her chair and then falls asleep.

Bonnie can't help but note that she neither denied nor accepted her suspicions about what happened to her. She tells herself that she won't stop until she finds out exactly what Rose is.

~Fall on me~

"Ahh, I see you're back, Witchy" Damon Salvatore comments when Bonnie steps out of her car. Damon was sitting on her porch as if he had known when she would return. Rose also climbs out of the car, "and you brought company" he adds as Rose crosses her arms over her chest at his words. He didn't exactly lower his voice when he said it. "Your boyfriend was looking for you" he says to Rose, "he and his family snapped all our necks because of you" he says before flashing over to her as they glare at each other.

"Damon!" Bonnie chastises him, ready to use magic to keep him from attacking Rose. "How did you know I was back anyway?" She asks him in thinly veiled annoyance.

"I compelled some of Mystic Fall's finest to tell me when they saw your...gorgeous...car" he emphasises casually as his eyes focus on her silver Prius as Bonnie frowns at him for making fun of her car like he always does.

At least things hadn't changed much since she left in that regard. Even if Klaus had attacked her loved ones once again. All the more reason for her to use Expression in her eyes. Damon's eyes land on the sleeping Caroline in the backseat.