no.1 "I felt something I never felt"

Crimes.

Some people do them for fun

Some people do them to provoke fear

Some people do them because they believe it's the right thing to do

And some people

Some people do crimes to save lives

. . .
. .
.

Atticus Voyance's mother usually only came home from work with two things: Her work bag and good news. Today, however, she came home with two suitcases, the stupidest story he's heard all day; and some scrawny and timid boy tracking dirt into the house right behind her.

What the hell.

"This poor boy's suffering from student loans and needs a place to stay for a bit, so I offered him to keep him here temporarily." Mrs. Voyance explained as one of the maids picked up the suitcases and went down the hall without question. Atticus was standing at the bottom of the grand staircase, gawking at her in disbelief. She paid no attention to Atticus' stunned expression and just kept talking.

"Oh, Atticus you should've seen him! I was walking down the street to get food and he's just sitting there on the streets in the rain. He explained to me that he had just been kicked out of his apartment because of price jumps and he needed to stay somewhere."

"Mom you're not seriously letting him stay for the entire summer, right?" Atticus asked, still barely processing this story. It made no sense to him. To be fair, if there was a college student clearly struggling in the pouring rain he would've helped. Though, Atticus wasn't sure about bringing them into his home estate, especially considering the Voyance household was a grand mansion next to the water.

"No of course not!" His mother exclaimed with an offended tone, before continuing in a softer manner as her guest was standing quite literally 3 feet away from her "I mean, he may if he has to. It's just until he can find a place in such an expensive city. He seemed like such a charming and intelligent man. We were discussing laws on the way here, actually. Isn't that right?" She rambled, taking off her coat and putting it on the coat rack next to the door.

Atticus knew that his mother wasn't stupid. She worked as a lawyer and was a fairly well known A rank in the city. A ranks are fairly strong ability users, often having good reputations and into big jobs such as law enforcement. Of course, they're not god-like ability users: Just the above average.

Atticus even inherited her ability: Clairvoyance that works solely on objects. He can see what it's made out of, when it was made, fingerprints, etc.

But despite his mother being intelligent, he was pretty sure this fell into the "way too nice to the point that it was kinda dumb" category of things she's done. This is some shit from a movie: Bringing in some random kid into a rich and luxurious household so they can live some high life.

Well... The guy his mother brought wasn't a kid per se. The black-haired male looked rather clean for a guy supposedly on the streets, with clear skin, a soft smile and deep brown eyes. Though, the fashion sense stood out the most: the 90s multicolour jacket, the anime t-shirt, the black jeans, the worn-out sneakers...

Atticus wondered how a dude that looked like he hugged anime girl body pillows at night apparently survived college.

Though he did have to give the boy credit: He looked fairly handsome.

The weeb sudden became aware of Atticus's cold and seemingly irritated glares. Their eyes met for the first time and Atticus panicked inside, thinking about how weird he must look. He also thought about how his heart raced just the slightest bit. The boy seriously made him feel something he hasn't felt in a long time: