Chapter 1: Back to Camp

I stood by Brick as Kaykrae went over her speech over the camp. It had been quite some time since I had been back to the camp. I knew my Mom or Dad didn't want me here but I wasn't going to sit by when I felt so much dark magic around the Oasis. I saw this as my best chance to come back as there was a huge group of new people. My eyes scanned over the area to try to find Michael or Ritchie, but neither were there. People then started to explain who they were, but I wasn't all that interested. Their names didn't matter and most of them I could tell who their parents were just on how they were dressed. Then something pulled me out of my musing.

"...Aphrodite ancient Greek goddess of love, beauty and passion. She also has a planet named Venus that was named after her as well..." he was sadly cut off by Kaykrae. Which is when I decided to do something that I promised my self I wouldn't do. I drew attention to myself.

"Hey Charizard, let the boy give us a religion lesson. He isn't hurting anyone and it most likely will be more interesting then whatever dumb tour you are going to be giving."

"And you are?" Kaykrae scowled.

"Freya, daughter of someone that decides to instead of answer the question of who they are they would just throw a staff at their kid." I gave her a slight bow. Though I was more looking at her reaction. I knew that I was by no means the same as I once was in more ways then one. My once white hair was black with purple undertones and I was also a few years old. Though I would never give up my silver eyes could get me into trouble.

It was then that I noticed what I just did and couldn't help but the thought of how I had already gone this far so I might as well go the whole nine yards. I spread my black feathered wing and raised Jester's Wand.

"Freya... if you truly feel such a way then why not help the son of Apollo?" she questioned with suspicion.

"Stop me if I am wrong but I believe that Apollo played a part in the death of two of the most well know of your kind. I may be rude, but I know that some topics just shouldn't be touched."

"Freya go to my office now!" There were serval people oohing and saying your in trouble.

"I could but I have absolutely no bloody idea where that is. I have never been here before in my life." I slightly curled into myself, partial due to fear and partial to gain sympathy.

"I am sorry Freya, that was uncalled for. Let's just move on. Who are you, one in the back?"

"Ya, my name is Brandeen, I am a son of Ares. Kinda partial to a bit of violence but you're all safe." The fact that he could get the reaction I wanted with just a few words may have annoyed a few it just impressed me. He wouldn't make a bad ally given that I am much better long range then I am short rang, magic sword or not. A son of Ares could be helpful in a fight, but he also didn't seem like a meathead. Something was happening and having a good crew could mean survival.

Brick introduced himself then the tour began. I looked around but everything was like I left it. Well all except one thing. Something that Brandeen pointed out.

"What's with that cabin?" I looked to the cabin that was once the closest I had to a home. It was right next to Katlyn's which faced Ritchie's. It was well kept and clean. There were pictures and notes pinned to the door. Above hung the sign, Freya Spellthief scratched in with a hunting knife that I stole from Michael.

I had to fight back tears. Seeing it made me question if not telling them was right choice. But even if they still grieving it didn't change why I was keeping my mouth shut. The girl that they did know did die in that cave. Or maybe that was a lie I told myself to feel better. I had to find Brick and maybe not come back but I never had to cut them out. I just didn't know how to face Michael. I knew that I couldn't become their friend again. I destroyed that chance.

"This cabin is off limits to anyone who doesn't have clearance. Freya was one of the first campers. She should still be here with us today but due to some external forces she was killed in an area outside these walls. I would recommend not bringing it up with anyone," she bit out. Though her eyes did flick to me. I held my mask and I held it tight. I just continued on seeming like I was paying attention to the tour.

When the tour was done, I followed Brick to where his cabin was and set mine up beside his.

As I was rearranging the room to fit my wants there was a knock on my door.

"Come on in," I yelled as I placed my books on the bookshelves that leaned on the back wall around my double bed.

Kaykrae slithered in.

"Freya I just wanted to say I am sorry again. I reacted in such a way..."

"There really is no need. I am assuming it has something to do with the girl that died," I said.

"You would be right. Freya was one of the first four that ever came to this camp. It was just the four of them for the longest time. Then we lost her and Katelyn."

"Katelyn? I didn't see a second shrine and you said that cabin was just Freya," I said interested in the why I was being honored in such a way and not Katelyn who deserved it so much more.

"Katelyn has a grave not far from camp. We never found a body. In complete honesty if it wasn't Michael that confirmed her death then I would ask if she really died but he said that it would kill a person quiet quickly. She was just one of those people that you think is to stubborn to die like she did."

"I am truly sorry for your loss."

"I sure you are." Wasn't it funny how there were moments that you just feel like a kid? In that moment I wasn't the warrior that was studying magic but that scared scraped kid that showed up in the camp out of no where. I just wanted to fall into Kaykrae's arms and cry my eyes out. I blinked away the tears and tried to keep my voice steady.

"Was there anything else?"

"No, I will leave you to your unpacking." She then slithered out. I then summoned up a few skeletons and I extended the wrist blade. The silver blade wasn't long but it did go over my knuckles. Sure I had the long red blade with runes but this worked so much better to deal with the anger.

I then started slashing. My eyes blurred with tears and I let out a few shouts. I did that right up to when I passed out cold on my floor.