Together (Molly O'Shea)

She deserved so much better.

It was hard getting through to her about Dutch, and you had always been wary; you still respected him as a leader at this point, but it didn't mean you were blind to how awful he was treating someone he supposedly loved. You could tell Molly loved him deeply, even if she could act spoiled, and hearing their arguments around camp lit a fight beneath you. You'd never been one to throw around the word hate, but you think you really hated Dutch when he talked down to her like asking for some affection was the worst thing in the world.

You had been a sounding board for her heartbreak, the only one willing to listen to her, and that was for your own selfish reason. You don't think you loved Molly, not quite yet, but she did things to your heart that made her special; there was just something about her that made you want to get to know her, to spend as much time with her as possible, and to do a few other things that wouldn't be approved of as long as she was still with Dutch.

Today's another day where you manage to sneak away with her, listening to her cry about Dutch and complain that as much as she loves him, she doesn't know how much longer she can take it. You listen as closely as you can but it sparks your jealousy when she talks about him with such reverence, especially considering how shitty he could be towards her; you kept your mouth clamped shut, and comforted her the best you could, holding her hand and squeezing it or playing with her soft curls as she talked to you.

"I wish he were more like you, you know." She lets out a sigh. "I don't think anyone around here understands me like you do."

"That's because I make the effort to, Molly."

A silence falls over the two of you and you can feel this tension, though you're sure it's only on your part. It was hard to hide how attracted to the redhead you were, she was so damn beautiful, especially when she smiled, but she hadn't been doing that much lately. Your eyes drift down to her lips, kissable, irresistible, and you can't help yourself. Something in you tells you to just do it, go for it while no one is around, despite another nagging voice telling you to slow down unless you ruin your chances to win her over all together.

Molly lets out a gasp as you get closer to her, in her personal space, and press your lips against hers; you're waiting to be pushed away, to be slapped, but are instead met with the warmth her pressing herself against you. She gives into the kiss easily, her hands resting on your shoulders before they choose to wrap around your neck. It lasts a few more glorious seconds before she pulls away, and you're left dizzy with infatuation.

"I... I couldn't do this to Dutch, it's..."

"He's done worse to you, Molly, regardless of whether he's goin' around kissin' other girls or not."

She bites her lower lip, unable to meet your eye and glancing around to see if anyone might've seen that little indiscretion. You're full of regret for acting on impulse now, but it's not as though you could help your feelings anymore than she could help hers for Dutch; you wanted to treat her right, better, the way she should be treated, and you wanted to translate this over to her without her having to get defensive about her relationship.

She whispers your name, drawing your attention back to her, and to your surprise she's moved closer to you once more. Her eyes seem a little watery like she's fighting back tears, but she still leans in to quickly to press her lips against yours again. You don't move, wondering if this is just a fluke, if she'll pull back and decide this isn't what she wants and go back to her spot in Dutch's tent, but she only presses forward. You can tell she's getting impatient with you not returning the kiss so you do as she wishes, grabbing either side of her face and pulling her body as close to yours as you could get it.

'When's the last time you've been kissed like this, Molly?' Your lips move in sync against hers, a soft moan slipping from her mouth as your hand moved from her cheek, her chest, down to her waist to keep her from moving away. 'When's the last time Dutch made you feel this good?'

When she finally moves away a few tears streak down her face, and you quickly rid her face of them, not letting her push you away. She doesn't try to move, instead basking in the attention you're giving her, leaning into your touch and absorbing the moment. It'd been so long since she'd been intimate she doesn't remember how great it feels to be with someone who cares about her, who wants her to be happy and who looks out for her pleasure, too.

"We should head back to camp before we're missed." You whisper to her, though you're not too keen on leaving her like this. The tears had stopped but you can tell she still feels guilty about it all, guilty about wanting to be with someone else who wasn't Dutch, though you can't see the problem with that.

"Can we just stay out here? A little longer?" Her voice is pleading, and the suggestion is near impossible for you to reject. "Together?"

"Of course, Molly." You pull her against you again, guiding her head to your shoulder, one arm sliding around her waist while your other hand stroked her hair. "Together."