Nosy (Arthur Morgan)

You were always thankful for a moment of peace, when you didn't have any obligations.

Now, that wasn't necessarily true, as you were still expected to help around camp and donate money to help out, but it still allowed you more freedom than being on the run. Between helping the ladies with chores around the camp, or doing a bit of hunting, you found yourself in your own tent writing away. You didn't really write stories or anything, just observed the things around you and wrote down your feelings in the moment.

If you were being honest, your favorite pastime was listening in on others conversations.

You don't bother to spread the gossip you hear, of course, that would just be mean-spirited, but the thing you did best in the group was gather information. You really couldn't help that you were listening at all times, but most of it was just harmless; who had a thing for who, who had slept with who at some point, who got too drunk in the nearby town and got arrested for it, all interesting tidbits that you'd jot down in your little black book and keep for yourself.

Your favorite was listening to Molly and Dutch go at it, and not in the fun way.

You always found yourself drifting near their tent when you were wandering around camp aimlessly, and it wasn't shocking to hear them having a little spat now and again. You don't think you'd technically call hearing their fights eavesdropping either, because they often got loud enough the whole damn camp heard anyway. But you couldn't help yourself, writing down some of the outlandish things Molly would accuse Dutch of and listening to he replied to her accusations. You could see the slow deterioration of their relationship, and wondered what might come of it in the long run.

You're temporarily distracted from a conversation between Hosea and Dutch when Arthur walks closer to you, making his presence known.

"Arthur!"

You're excited to see him, considering it's been a few days since he'd set off to rob some stagecoach; you hated it when he left but you had long since accepted that was the life of being an outlaw. He generally let you go with him but if he sensed something was a little too dangerous, he'd prefer you stay behind, and thus left you at the camp eagerly awaiting his return.

"Hey there, beautiful." You wrap your arms around his shoulders and feel content when he hugs you back, moving so that his hands could comfortably rest on your hips. "Kept yourself busy while I was gone?"

"I sense somethin' in the air."

"Is that right?" Arthur looks at you amused. "And that would be?"

"I sense a fight comin' along. It's been too quiet all day, Molly hasn't bothered any of us..." You peer around the corner of where you're standing to stare at the tent, seeing her looking into her mirror. "She always gets real quiet like this before she starts somethin' with Dutch."

"You are one nosy woman, you know that?" His words aren't malicious, more fond than anything, and you turn back to him with a smile on your face.

"I know, but what else am I supposed to do around here for entertainment?" You lean back into his touch, head resting on his chest as you both stood there, enjoying each other's company before Arthur went to tell Dutch about how the robbery went. "Can we make a promise, though?"

"And what's that?"

"That we don't ever argue like they do. At least not where the whole camp can hear, I don't need people to know I'm crazy." You glance behind you without moving from Arthur's arms to see how close Dutch is, and see he's moved closer to his own tent, with Molly eyeing him intently now. "Oh, look, the party is about to start."

Arthur just shakes his head, though he can't say he wouldn't be listening in, too.