"I just thought..." I thought the name wouldn't matter! I think in my head. "What religion do you practice?"

"The rest of the us in the group are Muslim but some of us practice more seriously than others." He answers. "Are you interviewing me because you got a crush on a Peter?" He smirks.

"Uh..." his question catches me off guard.

"Oh, come on! It's clear as day on your face when you look at him. There's no hiding it. Every time you look at him, it's as if you're watching the sun rise for the first time in your life." He laughs.

"Haha... very funny." I roll my eyes.

"I guess the whole atheist thing really makes it a big problem for you, huh... There's one piece of advice I can give you. If you're passionate enough about Islam, educate him on it. Don't force it down his throat; maybe, you know, just let him see Islam through your eyes." Daamir gives me a warm smile.

That is the most wonderful piece of advice Daamir has given.

"I didn't think you had the ability to think like this." I tease him.

"Sometimes scholar Daamir jumps out." He chuckles. "Excuse me for a moment, I think it's my time to join the boys."

• • •

"You two did what?" Zoya's tone is louder.

Dina looks like she's about to pass out.

Zoya and Beena are staring at me like I'm an extraterrestrial being from outer space.

"He's going to have to marry you now." Beena says.

"Definitely." Zoya agrees.

"100%." Dina seconds that.

I sigh. "There's multiple issues with this but the more prominent one is that he's..."

"He's what?" Dina asks.

"He's an atheist." I finally say.

Zoya gasps. "You're in shit."

"You're fucked." Beena says.

"You guys are seriously not helping." I groan.

"The Devil himself was really lurking in that backyard, eh?" Zoya sighs.

"Argh!" I yell in frustration with myself.

"I feel like you should give Daamir's idea a try. Who knows, maybe it'll work in your favour if your heart is in the right place. Insh'Allah." Zoya says in favour of the plan.

"Insh'Allah!" The two other girls say in sync.

"Or it'll just be some sad delusions of an innocent girl." I say. "Am I being delusional? Should I just cut this off now?"

"You're in pain, Amara. We can tell it's eating you up inside even though you refuse to fully show us how upset you are." Zoya caresses my hair.

Dina nods. "If you don't give this a shot, you'll regret it forever. If it doesn't work out, you'll be broken. It's risky both ways."

"Oh! I missed Isha nama'az!" Beena says.

All of us now look at her as if she's the extraterrestrial being.

"What?" I blink at her in confusion.

"You just said..." Zoya starts.

"She just said..." Dina repeats it.

"The reason why I believe in Daamir's idea so much because I've seen it work on me. It's just a completely different experience when you see so much passion in the eyes of the one you love."

"Love?" I question.

"She said love." Zoya confirms.

"She most definitely said love." Dina smirks.

"I don't know if we should be offended that we couldn't show you the light or proud that you finally found your way..." I laugh.

"I feel a little offended and hurt." Zoya pouts.

"Beena always breaking hearts, except it's ours this time." Dina sighs.

"Guys! That's not the point of this conversation." Beena says. "The point is, there's a chance this will work and there's a chance it will fall apart. You just have to take that chance."

"I'm scared..." My thoughts are in disarray.

"Of?" Beena asks.

"Getting my heart broken to the point of no return." I frown.

"That's how life works and if that's God's plan for you, then let it be." Dina reassures me.

"We'll be here to hold you, take care of you, and love you forever. Always remember that." Zoya squeezes my hand.

But the problem is, will I be able to hold myself together?

- - -

A/N: oooooo 💀

Next Update: Monday, July 22, 2019.

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!