Chapter 51: The Start of Year 4

Start from the beginning

"Just don't get caught. It's not a good prank if you get caught," Percy said wisely.

"Percy!" Remus scolded.

Harry laughed as he danced away from his guardians after giving each of them a hug. "Draco! Save me!" Harry shouted as he saw his friend finish hugging his own parents.

He grabbed Draco's hand as he ran toward the train, his trunk in his pocket, shrunken and feather-light.

"Harry!" Draco scolded but you could tell he wasn't really into it as he waved back toward his parents once more before ducking into the train with Harry. "Was that really necessary?" Draco asked in exasperation.

"Yes, yes it was. I didn't want to listen to Remus scold Padfoot and dad, so I needed a savior. What better savior than the wizard that is one of my best friends?" Harry asked with fake insult.

Draco just rolled his eyes exasperated. "Whatever, let's go find Neville and the others. Maybe I can get away from your crazy then."

Harry made a fake wounded sound as he clutched the place above his heart. "I'm dying," Harry said dramatically as he made his legs collapsed under him. "You've killed my heart with your harsh words. I shall have to forever bow to you because you, a superior wizard, have wounded my heart with just your words that it has killed me. Feel the guilt forever as you have killed me this day," Harry spoke before lying flat on the ground, closing his eyes and sticking his tongue out.

"Harry's being weird again, isn't he?" Suddenly Neville's voice asked as the compartment door they were about to leave opened.

"Yes," Draco said emotionally, but Neville noticed the amusement dancing in his eyes. "You deal with him."

"We have Treacle Tart," Neville said.

Harry opened one eye. "Will you give it to me though?"

"If you hand me one of the cookies, then yes," Neville said as he walked over Harry without touching him.

"Then it appears I am still dead," Harry said as his eye closed and his tongue poked back out of his mouth.

Draco snorted and sat next to Neville. They both waited to see how long Harry would just stay, lying on the floor in that position.

It took five minutes before the door opened once more. "Oo, Harry, I see you have taken an appreciation for the floor. I think I will join you," Luna said dreamily as she laid beside Harry, through her eyes remained open as he feet went back and forth as she looked up at the ceiling of the train.

"This is why you're my favorite," Harry spoke before going back to being 'dead'.

Neville and Draco both snorted and rolled their eyes before notes about how Potions and Herbology relate to each other.

"What in Merlin is Harry doing?" Blaise asked as he opened the other compartment door away from Harry.

"Being dead," Neville and Draco said at the same time.

"Shame," Blaise said with a small shrug before sitting across from Draco and Neville.

It went on like that as Daphne, Astoria, Terry, Theo, and surprisingly Hermione joined.

"Hermione? Don't you usually sit with Weasley?" Draco asked in slight surprise. Sure, he knew that Harry was friends with her, but he thought him hanging out in the library with her was just a fluke of the year. He didn't know if he really wanted her in the group or not, who knows, maybe she'd surprise him.

"He was being extremely aggravating," Hermione said with a huff. "Oh, Harry why are you on the floor?"

"I'm dead," Harry said before resuming his position.