Chapter 2: Surprises and Announcements

I watch as the limo disappears from the driveway and then decide to make my way inside. Without any hesitation I make my way towards one of the many photo studios in the building. I open the door to the photo studio at the very end of the hallway only to see people walking around. We have the wardrobe stylist pulling a rack of clothes while the makeup artists organizes the makeup.

I walk further into the room until I see Elizabeth who is on her phone making some last minute calls.

"Lark!" She yells as she waves me over. I walk over to her as she finished up a phone call. "I'm so glad you could make it. You're literally a lifesaver. This was the only time I could schedule the photoshoot that would fit into the guy's schedule and I couldn't find anyone more talented than you"

I gently laugh at her nervous rambling. I would be nervous too. Being in charge of the article on the businessperson of the month is stressful. Throughout my time here, I've seen many journalists literally burst into tears in the office because of the stress they're under.

The journalist in charge is given a week to get everything together, that means writing the article, getting it approved, and organizing a photoshoot to go with it. Normally it wouldn't be that difficult but we're talking about extremely successful people with busy schedules which makes it difficult to fit a last minute photoshoot within a week.

Every journalist strives to be given the task as it is seen as a right of way for every journalist in the magazine. To say the least it is competitive and stressful. I've done a good amount of photo shoots for it so this isn't anything new. 

"You're gonna do great E" I say as I begin to set up the camera. "Thank you for grabbing my stuff"

"No need to thank me. You're the one who literally saved me from losing everything"

I pull her into a hug to try to comfort her. At first she's tense but then she calms down. But soon I begin to feel her body tremble. I pull away slightly so that I can see her properly.

"Hey don't cry"

"Oh no I ruined your beautiful dress" she says before she begins to sob even more. I laugh at her random comment and hand her a tissue from a table behind us. She wipes her tears away and tries her best to calm down. "How do you manage to look so put together even after a day of traveling. Like seriously, why aren't you ever the one modeling"

"Elizabeth I went to see my father. Of course I had to look good or else he would be worried about how I'm doing" I joke and I finally get a small laugh out of her. "There we go"

"Fine you win, but seriously William is so lucky to have someone as amazing as you"

Elizabeth's compliments bring a big smile to my face. "Yes but I'm lucky to have an amazing and ever so kind friend like you"

Elizabeth mouthes 'Thank you' before she walks away towards the door.

I finish setting everything up while the model gets ready. It takes about an hour before Elizabeth comes up to me again.

"So how is William?" She asks as she sits in a chair close to the camera.

"He's good. A little stressed but good nonetheless"

"That's great. So I imagined the trip was good"

"It was nerve-wracking seeing my father and his wife for the first time in years but it was good"

"I'm sure William took good care of you" she says with a wink. I playfully hit her with a packet of papers I was holding.

"Elizabeth-"