Chapter Twelve: No Shoes, No Scorpion, No Service

Monsters. Dark angels. Creepy mist beings. Why can't Mekhi send fluffy little bunnies or something? I can deal with that. What I can't handle is all of these supernatural creatures showing up out of nowhere, attacking my friends and I. Remember in elementary school when the kids would play tag and you had to be touching a specific swing or slide that was considered the safe zone. Well, I really wished I had a safe zone right about now. But for us, nowhere was truly safe.

We had all come to a unified decision that we weren't going to take another plane. With the dark angels after us, the sky wasn't the safest place to be right now especially considering I was the only one of us that didn't have a pair of wings coming out of their backs. So, were back to square one, ground travel. Which is going to take a lot longer.

After the mist guy left, everything went back to normal. The mist disappeared and all of the other people that had been on the plane with us unfroze and just went about their business as if nothing bizarre happened and no time had passed. And all of the airport workers and passengers showed up out of nowhere like they had been there the entire time. I thought this was kind of weird but Jayden and Jasmine didn't think anything of it.

We were quick to leave the airport after that. The twins were concerned about staying in the same place for too long, especially after that guy showed up and tried to kill us. So was I. I felt a tingle on the back of my neck as if someone was hovering behind me but when I turned to look back, there was nothing.

We all decided to go the Walmart Supercenter to buy things to replace what we lost when the taxi cab had exploded a few states back. It was strange seeing a Walmart with normal people walking around as if we didn't just almost get killed buy a guy that called himself "The Nameless Mist". When we got there, the first thing Jayden did was purchase a map of the United States and we found out that we are in Denver, Colorado, which is almost halfway to Los Angeles.

Jasmine had got us a shopping cart that we filled with food, bug spray, refillable bottles that tie to your belt buckle, sleeping bags just in case we have to sleep on the ground again, lighters for starting campfires, stuff for s'mores, a campfire folding grill, toothpaste and toothbrushes, two hair brushes( Jayden didn't want to share), a notebook and Pencils for myself so that I could continue my journal, clean clothes because what we were wearing is dirty, and toiletries. And we also each bought a backpack to put our belongings in.

After finishing up our shopping and putting on our new clothes in the changing rooms, we bought some chicken tenders, potato wedges, and cheese sticks from the hot bar from Walmarts deli section. Which is what brought us to sitting around one of the outdoor table sets in the middle of water, eating our food and hovering over a map that Jayden had spread out on the table.

We concluded that the drive from Denver, Colorado to Los Angeles is about a 15 hour drive so we still had quite a way to go.

"Damn it," Jayden cursed," If it hadn't been for that mist guy we would be in California by now."

"Well, we're not." Jasmine said," So, instead of complaining about not being there already, how about we decide on where we go from here."

"I asked one of the employees here about transportation and they said there is a train station nearby that we can take to Los Angeles. " I spoke up.

"Train, really? First a taxi, then a plane and now a train. What kind of Angel's take mortal transportation?" Jayden grumbled.

"The ones that don't want to be killed by dark angels for starters." Jasmine pointed out.

Jayden's face flushed, embarrassed," Touche, sister."

"So, it's decided. We'll take a train to Los Angeles and meet up with our friend who will take us the rest of the way home." Jasmine said.