Day 1

Kingswood, 2019

Kingswood.

I can't believe I'm finally back. Back for good, at least.

I just graduated from The university of Oxford in England and I got myself a first class honours degree in marketing and finance.

No one made it to my graduation. Not my mom. Not my boyfriend, Jace. Not my three best friends, Karla, Hannah and Riana. Though I chose to understand. The university is really far from The US so they all had valid reasons and it would inconvenience them and tamper with their schedule.

My mom said she would be busy the whole week, decorating her new home. She got married again. Karla said she couldn't afford asking for permission since her boss suffers from a condition called Asshollism, a condition many bosses suffer from. But still, Karla loves working there as a secretary despite her sick boss. Riana said she's studying for a test, she's taking a course in law and Hannah, well I don't know what she's upto, she said she'll be busy. Jace said he won't be in town since he was going to walk for a show in New York. Despite studying Banking and Finance, a course similar to mine, he still pursues his dream of modeling. Though his dad would kill him if he ever found out.

They all had valid reasons, right? Well, except Hannah who just said she would be busy. But she will... I know she will...

Talking of Hannah, I think I should call her and let her be the first to know I'm in town. She'll be so happy. She'll probably suggest we go clubbing. She loves drinking and having fun and letting loose in the neon lights, says it makes her forget how fucked up her life is, though it's really not that fucked up.

My phone is going through on the other side...

Hannah is not picking...

I think of calling either Karla or Riana but then I remember that it's ten at night and Karla is obviously asleep. Riana is probably revising for a test. I decide not to bother either. Let it be a surprise.

"We are here sir," I stop the taxi. "Thanks."

I stand at the gate of the beautiful condo, staring at the beautiful modern structure with white walls and huge windows. I remember how excited Jace was when I said I will give him the cash to buy the condo. He could not believe it! The happy look on his face filled a part of me that no one ever could. It's like my happiness was dependent on his. I had to beg my uncle to cut the money from my inheritance since he is the trustee of my inheritance. My uncle, Terrence Clarkson, will control my inheritance until I reach twenty one, as the will states, and he will hand over every last penny that my dad left behind. I am turning twenty one in the next ten days. I will be a billionaire in the next ten days. Unbelievable! How time flies...

I creep inside Jace's house, trying my level best not to make a single sound. I want to surprise him. I shut the door quietly and tiptoe upstairs.

I can hear noises and laughs from a distance. I wonder who that could be. I tiptoe closer and faster this time and burst the door.

Jace is sitting back on the bed, his legs crossed, naked. He looks up to see me and indeed, he is surprised. But not in a good way. In a bad way. He's not pleased to see me. Infact, he looks disappointed and frightened to see me. I hear the sound of the shower falling on tiles. Someone is in the shower.

I look around and I can see pink lingerie lying on the floor. A pink handbag and a pink lacy dress. Whoever this is, she must love pink. Pink is officially my worst colour.

I glance at him, waiting for him to say something, say that my eyes are playing tricks on me. Because I want to hear that. I just want to hear him explaining and I want to fall for that lie because Jace would never cheat on me... He would never cheat on me...