WALK ON MEMORIES ( 기억을 걷는 밤 )

Start from the beginning

" What happened after I left? "

Jabeum stood up from his seat and walked toward him. " Why don't you ask her? " He said before he took the framed photo in his hands. " Sora has changed, you know? She became stronger and more lively. "

" She was already strong, to begin with. "

He snickered, " That's true. "

" What about Seokjin? The last time I saw him, was on the day I left the hospital, along with the notebook... I remember him being pressured by his parents to get into a good university and find a good job. What had happened to him? "

" Jin? Well, he did get into a good university and did end up finding a good job. Not the one his parents were hoping for though, but he is happy. Actually, he is working in the Center. To be honest, we all are. "

Hoseok turned his head toward Jaebum, " All of you? "

He nodded, " Yeah, I'm in charge of taking care of the adoption paperwork. Jin is the caretaker of hybrids. Sora is taking care of the data of the Center while Lisa is one of our doctors. "

" Wait- Lisa is working here too?! "

" Yeah. " Plainly answered back Jaebum as he hanged back the photo on the wall.

Hoseok chuckled as he rubbing the nape of his neck, " I would have never imagined finding you all working at the same place for the sake of hybrids. Well, actually it does sound like Sora to do that but... " He gave his friend a skeptical look.

Jaebum scoffed, " I could say the same for you. "

" Touché! " He chuckled.

" Besides, I do have to admit that Jin and Sora did influence us on this one. "

The man frowned, " How so? "

" Remember that time when you saved a middle schooler hybrid from getting bullied? That was when Sora was first interested in helping Hybrids. The same goes for Jin, but it only became a realization later on. "

" Ah, that time... " That was the day when Hoseok first met Jungkook, his half brother.

" Anyway, later one, they told us what happened, and Lisa grew interested. She always wanted to become a doctor, and she thought she would be more useful to be a doctor helping hybrids instead of humans. As for me... I just went with the flow. I just ended up liking what I'm doing. "

Hoseok nodded as he said, " Ah~ Yeah, that does sound like you. "

" By the way, shouldn't you get going? Your fellow detective is waiting for you outside. "

" Ah, that's right, Minseok! I completely forgot about him... " Muttered the man as he searched for his phone in his pockets. " Ah, I have two missed calls from him. " He put his phone back in his pocket and looked over Jaebum. " Sorry, I have to go. I have to report back to my superior about today's accident. "

" That's fine. You know where to find me if you need any help with your investigation. " He offered his hand for a handshake.

Hoseok smiled at him while he accepted his handshake, " Yeah, thank you for listening to me. " Then left Jaebum office and joined back Minseok in his car.

" What took you so long? Our team leader has been calling me to get you back at our headquarters. "

" My bad, I was catching up with a friend. "

" What friend? " He asked as he took the passenger seat.

Hoseok looked at him, " Wait, you are coming with me? What about your car? "