WALK ON MEMORIES ( 기억을 걷는 밤 )

Start from the beginning

" But- "

He looked at him and stated, " Just go ahead. I will catch up with you later. "

Minseok looked conflicted but did as the man asked, " I will wait for you in front of your car. " He nodded.

As soon as he closed the door, silence took over the room. Hoseok looked down at his laps, not knowing what to say first. Five years, no, almost six since he hasn't contacted any of them.

Just as he was about to break the heavy silence, Jaebum spoke up first, " ... So, you became a detective, huh? For the Federal Protection of Hybrids, more of it. Quite unexpected. "

The man in question nodded. Somehow, he didn't dare to meet his dark pool eyes.

" Does she knows? "

Hoseok's eyes wavered. The man immediately knew who he was referring to. He hesitantly looked at him and answered, " No. "

He scoffed. " Once a runner, always a runner, huh? "

" ... You didn't look that surprised when you saw me. Since when did you know? "

He turned his eyes back at the detective, " Sora wasn't the only one that has been looking for you. We all had. "

He frowned, "... Why didn't you tell her? Or does she already know I'm back? "

The man scoffed, " Why should I? I only looked for you enough to know that you were still alive. It was your choice to leave, it isn't mine to make you come back, neither it is Sora's. " He paused. " And no, I don't think she does, well not for long. Now that you have met Yoongi, it's simply a question of time before you two meet again. "

"... I don't know how to face her. " Admitted the man.

" Of course, you wouldn't. Otherwise, you wouldn't be talking to me right now. Though, the question right now isn't how you will talk to her but what you will do with her hybrid? "

" Her hybrid... "

Jaebum pointed out, " Although in the past year, Sora has contributed a lot in the integration of Yoongi in our current society, he has also saved her back. She cannot lose him, as much he cannot lose her. I'm not saying this because he is Sora's hybrid, but those two have a special bond. "

" What are you... "

He sighed, " Just, be careful Hoseok. "

The man nodded, " I will. I've been working in that field for a while now. I won't put in danger that hybrid, Min Yoongi. I don't look like it, but I'm quite good at my work. "

" That's good to hear. "

The detective then started looking around his office until his eyes met with a familiar picture. " Is that... "

Jaebum followed his eyes, " Ah, yeah. That's a group photo we took last summer. "

He stood up from his seat and approached the photo that was framed and hanged on the wall beside Jaebum's diploma. It felt weird to see everyone in one picture. They all looked so mature, thought the man.

" You are still meeting with Jackson and Joy? " He pointed out as he observed the face of his old friends.

" Yeah, a few months after you left, Jackson and Joy started visiting us every summer or wherever they had free time. Jackson is doing well. He is healthy now, in case you were wondering. "

He smiled, " I'm glad to hear that. "

As he looked at each one of their faces, his eyes finally fell on her. She looked the same, yet very different. Her hair was styled in a long ponytail, and her chocolate-colored eyes shone toward the camera.