Chapter 12

The wind was blowing gently. In the vast green field with flocks of sheep and troop of horses, two figures could be seen walking. They came to a stop and stood there, close to each other. From far, these two people look like a couple.

Not far from them, stood a lonely figure near a tree, watching these two people's back, giving an image that this lonely person was ditched by the two people in front intentionally. This lonely person was none other than Rui Yue. Right now, he was accompanying Qi Hua to show Qing Yao around.

Qing Yao kept talking to Qi Hua and they're so immersed in the conversation that they did not realized that the third person was getting left behind further and further away. Rui Yue tried to fit into their conversation earlier. But Qing Yao seems to ignore him intentionally. She only talked to Qi Hua.

Even the idiot could tell that the Chu Tribe Chief's daughter don't wish to speak to Rui Yue. And so, Rui Yue just kept quiet, listening to their talk with a smile. They did stop for a minute earlier, talking about the trees that grew there. Rui Yue looked at that tree lost in thought. By the time he realized, they already walked away.

He smiled sadly. He then understands that Qing Yao felt that he was a nuisance and don't wish for him to tag along. Qing Yao must had taken a fancy to Qi Hua. That explained the unreadable emotion swirled in her eyes yesterday.

"They look so perfect together..." Rui Yue murmured softly as he looked at them.

A heavy feeling welled up and he looked at them with the hands grabbing on the hem of his shirt. "That's right. Both of them are tribe chief's child. And I... just a nobody... an orphan... it's... it's better for me to go back... I shouldn't disturb them...." He continued softly.

The feeling of inferiority weighed on Rui Yue so much, that he started to feel depressed. He then turned back and left the pair behind, walking back slowly to the village. He went to the plantation field and helped the ladies on the plantations.

When he went back to the house, Qi Hua was sitting at the yard, drinking hot tea. Qing Yao was nowhere to be seen. "Qi Hua... you back?" Rui Yue asked with a smile.

Qi Hua put down the cup on the stone table. When he looked at Rui Yue, Rui Yue was shocked. Qi Hua was frowning and he clearly was sulking. "You actually dared to ditch me?" Qi Hua asked.

"I... I just don't feel well... earlier. And, both of you were talking so happily back then. I just don't want to disturb you both." Rui Yue explained slowly.

When Qi Hua heard that Rui Yue was feeling sick, the frown disappeared and replaced with a concerned look. "Not feeling well? Are you feeling sick? Feeling sick still dare to run here and there." Qi Hua reprimanded Rui Yue.

Rui Yue smiled. "I feel slightly better afterward. So, I went to help at the plantation."

"It's good that you feel better. "Qi Hua looked at Rui Yue in relieve. But shortly after that he got upset again. "You actually dared to ditch me alone there."

"Sorry. I won't do that again..." Rui Yue apologized and Qi Hua's face soften.

"Don't do that again next time. If you dared to ditch me again, see how I'm going to deal with you." Qi Hua flicked at Rui Yue's nose as he said with a smile. Rui Yue smiled back at Qi Hua and rubbed his own nose gently.

The next day, both Qi Hua and Rui Yue sent the guests to the entrance gate of Qingli's village. Once again, Qing Yao ignored Rui Yue and only talk to Qi Hua. Even though Qing Yao treated Rui Yue like that, Rui Yue still pasted a smile on his face and still bid farewell to Qing Yao.