Chapter 5

"Rui Yue... Rui Yue..." In the distant, Rui Yue could hear someone calling him. His eyes twitched a bit.

The voice that called his name got louder and louder. He felt someone shaking him gently and slowly he opened his eyes. "Rui Yue..."

The figure that was blurred in his vision got clearer and it turned out that the person who was calling him was Wu Cheng. "Hmm?" Rui Yue woke up groggily.

"You awake?" Wu Cheng asked as he peered at Rui Yue.

Rui Yue looked at his surroundings. He realized that he fell asleep on the recliner with a book on his hand. "I... fell asleep?" he slowly sits up and close the book.

"Yes... You're sleeping like a log. No matter how I call you, you won't respond. You must have overwork yourself, it's time to go home and rest, Rui Yue." Wu Cheng said as he took the book from Rui Yue's hand.

"Sorry, I've must have worried you. Let me go and freshen up myself first." Rui Yue then got up from the recliner and went to the toilet.

"Do you want to have dinner before you go home?" Wu Cheng asked as he drove the car.

Rui Yue looked at his watch. It was already 7PM. "No, it's fine. I will go back home straight."

"Alright then. Then... can I stop by and have a free meal?" Wu Cheng asked.

Rui Yue laughed lightly. "My parents had gone to travel. No one is at home. It's boring..." Wu Cheng explained.

"Sure... but before that, let's go to the super to get some ingredients first before we head home." Rui Yue said.

Together they went to the super near to Rui Yue's residential building. Even though Rui Yue was born in a well-do family, but his father does not spoil him like a typical rich second generations does. His father taught him the importance of hard work since he was a child. His father taught him how to be independent instead of letting Rui Yue spending lavishly and unnecessarily.

Rui Yue learned to does a lot of things by himself such as cooking, laundries and so on. His father used to be busy and Rui Yue was always alone at home. To ease his loneliness and feeling of being bored at home, Rui Yue learned all these things from his old housekeeper, Mrs Lee.

Because of this, he has no problem staying alone as he already got used to it. After they bought the necessary ingredients and some extra food, they went back to Rui Yue's house. Rui Yue cooked western cuisine for dinner. They were Spaghetti with oil and garlic, Grilled Chicken breast, Lemon Butter Cod fish and a bowl of salad.

When Wu Cheng saw the dishes, he nearly drooled. "Rui Yue, if you're not handling the company, you should open a restaurant. I will surely be your loyal customer. Look at all these."

Rui Yue laughed lightly. "Stop gawking there. Come and sit down."

"Alright, I'm digging in." Wu Cheng said after he sat down. Immediately he started to dig in.

"This is good. Your cooking skill had improved a lot. You really should open a restaurant." Wu Cheng said after he tasted the cod fish.Rui Yue just smiled as he ate his spaghetti.

"Wow, I'm full. Thank you for the meal." Wu Cheng said as he patted his stomach. They had just finished their dinner. The plates were clean without a single piece of food on it.

When Wu Cheng saw Rui Yue cleared the dishes, he stopped Rui Yue. "Hey, let me do it. I didn't manage to help you cook earlier. So, you should at least let me wash the plates."

Wu Cheng took the plates from Rui Yue's hand and cleared the table for Rui Yue. Once done helping to wash the plates and cleaned the table, Wu Cheng rested for a while before he decided to go home. "Thanks for the meal. I'm leaving first."