No, you fool! I screamed inside my head, widening my eyes at him, just hoping he would take the hint. Look at me! Hello! Dad! Dad! Dad!

But, he didn't look at me, not even for a glance. Instead, he completely backed up out of the way and said, "Ah, why don't you come in?"

My hands shook at my sides. "Ac-Actually, Dad, can you wait in the living room? I just need to talk with him," I blurted out my words before I could even think about them. My voice was breathy, panicked.

But, all he did was smile at us. No questionable stare, and no confused fall of his attitude. He didn't lift up his eyebrows as if to ask. He didn't need to. He trusted me. "No worries," he replied casually, "if you need me, I will be in front of the TV."

Dad walked away, going back to the living room where his show played and acted as background noise for me. I let out a shaky breath as I grabbed the side of the door, closing it slightly so that it felt like I was in control of the moment. As though I was blocking Leo. "I'm sorry," I started with a quiet voice, "but, I can't do this, Beta Leo."

My long eyelashes fluttered as my eyes flicked up to him, watching his reaction. Leo tilted his head to the side and his ears twitched at my words, it lasted only a second. But, I caught it. The glow of his hazel eyes had turned a shade darker as he frowned. "I'm here on strict orders, Emery, there is noth-"

"Stop." The atmosphere around us was unpleasantly thick as I cut him off with a shaky use of force. "Please, Beta Leo, I can't. I can't. I know why you're here, and I just can't go through with it."

There it is. The narrowing of his eyes as his ears twitched after hearing my voice again. But, what is it?

I started my begging, the explanation as to why I would rather do anything but this. I couldn't let Leo tell my dad, for him to walk in there and talk about my new living arrangements would be the death of me. I've seen it before. When Max first claimed Viviana as his mate. Only, she wanted it, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. He is all I have left, the only family that I hold close and I know that I am the same for him. "Please, don't do this to me. My dad doesn't bother himself with werewolf affairs, and I don't want to be the one to pull him into them. Especially one like this. Please, Beta Leo, don't do this. Don't take me away from my home."

The tears threatened to spill as I stared deep into his eyes, searching for the answer that I so desperately needed. His lips were set in a straight line, and all I could recognize in his gaze was the inner battle he was having with himself, and apparently his wolf. "You are making this very hard for me and my wolf. He doesn't know whether to listen to the orders of the Alpha, or the Luna requesting to leave her alone whilst fighting back tears."

And, that was the last straw. The only warning that came before was a sniffle, and then the waterworks were flicked on. My round face scrunched up as I sobbed quietly, the air around us filled with silence except for the ugly sound of me choking back my cry and the TV playing a theme song to a show, 'carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done, lay your weary head to rest-' but, I didn't hate it. At least Dad couldn't hear me.

"Luna," Leo's voice turned deeper. The edges of his words were gruff, low and sharp as he spoke. Guttural. It reminded me of Morpheus, and when my first impression of him was 'Mate. Mate. Mate' Leo was just a tad more civilized. "I won't take you to him tonight, but he will come. And, when he does he won't be happy."

My vision was blurry, blocked by the flow of my seemingly never-ending tears. But, I believed him as I looked into his honest, dark eyes that told me that Leo wasn't quite in control anymore.

I nodded.

W O R D C O U N T : 1506

I'm going on a long, long car ride tomorrow

I'm going on a long, long car ride tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll get some reading and writing done!

Anyways, I've figured out an updating schedule that I feel will work best for me! I'm going to update MTM three times a month. Updates will change depending on the month and when I have the updates actually done.

So, first update out of three for this month!