FIRST LOVE

My life has been a series of impossibles. Impossible is an opinion not a fact. Turning impossible into possible is really tough. It's filled with hard hits and often leaving scars but that t scars are signs of overcoming injuries. And the only one thing has the power to do that is - love.

"He's talking nonsense again," one of my student blurted out after I shared to them my love story.

"Now that you're entertained, let's begin our lessonn." sabi ko kaya nag-angalan silang lahat. Ang mga estudyante talaga ngayon mas gugustuhin pang makinig ng love story ng kanilang teacher kaysa makinig sa kanilang lessons and as a public school teacher, it is really hard to get the attention of your students.

After my class, I went outside of the room. While I was walking on the hallway of the school, some of the students greeted me. I can't help but to smile as I remember those hard moments I encountered before I became a P.E teacher. Actually, it is not my dream job, but because of her I became the person who I thought I wouldn't be. I became a better man.

Napatigil ako sa paglalakad nang mapadaan ako sa gymnasium ng school. Kakatayo lang nito noong kabilang taon para hindi na pumunta ang mga estudyante rito sa covered court ng barangay tuwing Intramurals. Hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapangiti habang pinapanuod ang ibang mga estudyanteng lalaki na naglalaro ng basketball. I
Remember my youth, those times that I felt like my life doesn't have any purpose but because of her, I found my purpose in life. She leads me towards the right path.

"Good morning sir," I greeted Mr. Lopez, an English teacher that was sitting beside my teacher's table. When I sat, my eyes drifted on the red envelope on my table.
Invitation card to be specific. I took the card and read again the name of the sender that was written in front part of the card.

Haven Mortez.

I smiled bitterly while looking at the red card. And as I stare at the card, the waves of memories ten years ago flash back through my mind in detailed. I felt like I was time travled to the very first time I met first love.