Bonus Chapter (Blayne and Caleb)

Start from the beginning

Well Leroy, I felt like one.

“What happened?” Spencer, always the peacemaker, asked.

They really didn’t need an answer from me, I’m sure they would figure it out by tonight, but I found myself explaining anyways. “She chose Caleb. She loves him and doesn’t want to give us another shot.”

“Can you blame her?” asked Koa. He was always the most protective of Lylah, more so than her own brothers. It used to drive me crazy how close they were knowing they used to be together. I guess that would be Caleb’s problem to deal with now. 

I shook my head at him, “No, I can’t. Look guys, all I want to do is shower and get the hell out of here so if you aren’t going to kick my ass, do you think you could move so I can get going?”

“You’re not going to the party tonight?” Lance asked.

“I’m not in the partying mood.”

“Holy shit, she really did knock you good didn’t she?” Leroy asked with a touch of pride in his voice.

I started to make my way around them, not wanting to see their enjoyment at my obvious destruction when a hand on my shoulder stopped me, “Look Blayne. You’re not exactly our favorite person right now, but you just helped us win the most important game of our high school careers. You deserve to celebrate with the team.”

“True that, and some alcohol will do you good. Make all that pussy action disappear,” Koa joked.

I looked at them as if waiting for the punch line, but there was none. Maybe it was the realization that Lylah was really over me, or seeing how much it killed me that she was. Whatever the reason, these guys who were once my closest friends were giving me a second chance. I would be stupid not to take it.

“Why not? I got nothing else to do,” I said with a smirk.

“That a boy. Now go wash your stink ass so we can party. There’s a little brunette ready with a congratulations reward for me,” Leroy bragged.

“I hope you mean Keri,” Lance joked to which Leroy shot him a dirty look before saying, “You know I did dick head.”

Lance put his hands up in surrender, “It was a joke, damn! Someone’s got their rags.”

They started to go at it then, engaging in a mock fight. I just laughed before heading to the shower. It would take a while for me to get over losing Lylah; and I’m not sure if I could ever really be her friend knowing how much I still loved her, but at least I would have my boys back.

Caleb

I once got hit in the nuts with a baseball, without a cup on, but even that didn’t hurt as much as this. Hearing Lylah tell Blayne she loved him killed me. When I first met her, I knew I would like her but didn’t realize I would come to love her. I was an eighteen year old guy, just about to finish high school. What did I know about or want with love? If you asked me that a month ago I would’ve said nothing.