Prologue

Kingswood, 2014

I am staring at the clock.

I don't think the damned machine is working.

My fingers are fidgeting and I keep tapping my legs under the desk.

"Ms. Clarkson, stop tapping your feet or I will have to extend the hours for you," Ms. Crook grunts.

I glare at her and roll my eyes.

"Young lady, did you just roll your eyes at me?" she snaps with her high-pitched voice, her eyes burning with fury.

"Yes madam," I say politely. "I just rolled my eyes at you. What will you do about it?"

The room is filled with whispers and gasps from the few students in the room.

Ms. Crook's eyes narrow as she scowls at me behind her rimmed glasses. She abruptly stands up and wags a finger at the door.

"To the principal's office! Now!" Ms. Crook dramatically screams at me.

Shit! I can't go a third time this week to the principal's office!!! That will upset my dad!

I sigh and decide to swallow my pride. "I am sorry."

"Go tell that to the principal!" she barks, her teeth gritted..

Okay! Fuck school! And Fuck her!!!!

I swallow my pride and this is my price?

I have had enough!

I take my backpack which was dangling behind my chair and pick up my bottle of water on the desk. I stand up, sneering at her and sashay away to her dismay.

"Have yourself a good evening ma'am," I blow her some kisses before  I bang the door.

Fuck detention!!!

As I am walking on the empty corridors, I bump into Jace, holding books tight to his chest. He must be from the library, it's just surprising how he loves books. But I hear his parents are very strict. The books tumble on the floor and I help him pick them up. Oh my God! I never thought this cliche in romcoms would ever happen to me in real life.

For a moment there, our eyes lock and I feel butterflies in my stomach. It's the first time my eyes bore into his ocean blue eyes. I close my eyes and move my lips to his face. This is the part we kiss. I can't believe this is happening. Oh my God! Oh my God!

To my shock, I stumble on his feet and it dawns on me that while I was fantasizing about the kiss, he was busy collecting his books.

Jace is standing firmly, looking down at me with a ridiculous look on his face as if I am crazy.

"You must be the famous crazy Camilla," he says with a sweet smile.

I quickly stand up in sheer excitement. "You know my name?"

Jace smirks. "Who doesn't? Especially after you caused a scene by pulling Kourtney's hair..."

"Well... I... I..." how can this beautiful boy have such power even over my tongue? I can't even utter a word.

Jace takes a step toward me and tucks a tendril of my dark hair behind my ear. I am literally trembling and my skin is tingling. He puts a finger over my lips and looks into my eyes.

"Relax... I know you did that because you like me," he says to my shock. "I also like you too, Camilla."

My heart has never beaten faster than it is now. I am trying to be calm but how can I when he just confessed his feelings? I told you he felt the same way...