III. Idea of Normalcy

It didn't take long for George to notice small things Will did that slowly but surely drove him insane. The first few times he let them slide, he wasn't a neat freak or anything to throw hands because of forgotten clothes in the living-room, nor that OCD to scold his new roommate about a misplaced bottle in the fridge.

However, there were things he could only bear for so long. If anyone would've asked him if he were really surprised that Will constantly ate his snacks, drank his cherished soft drinks, or borrowed his batteries for a PS controller without asking, he probably would've burried his head in his hands and told them no. No he wasn't a tiny bit surprised especially sith the Geordie boy had been doing that ever since they met but a part of George believed that he'd stop as soon as they moved in. This was a new setting so why not?

Meanwhile the power couple they called their friends decided to visit them for old time's sake for the first time since Alex left. Despite the new living arrangements, nothing really changed the four still hung out a lot, though their fifth member Fraser didn't show up that much for one reason or another.

So as of now James was beating Will's ass in a round of gun game - also known as CoD- as the two shorter lads chatted in the kitchen, having slipped out of the living-room allegedly to get drinks.

"How was the first month with him?" George popped the question before Alex could ask the same thing but with a different time period.

"Honestly, it's amazing." The dark brunette smiled, teeth all out, he was practically glowing.

A rare sight to see but George didn't mind, more like he loved the emotion on his friend's face.

"We laid our cards out the first day we settled to avoid conflict and so far it's has worked."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"How about you two? Has he been a pain in the ass?"Alex whispered the last part gaze swiftly shifting to see if his boyfriend and the Geordie were still fully engaged in their game or not.

"What d' you think?" George's voice matched his friend's tone, lips pursed he took a sip from his water. "Don't get me wrong, he tries to be sweet and all whenever he remembers or has like a nice episode or something, but god help me one day I'll snap."

Alex couldn't hold back a cackle, he hid his mouth behind his hoodie sleeve from both George's words and the poker face the slightly older boy contained.

"Tell me about it."  Alex shook his head with a smile. "But then again even as friends you've had your fair share of indifferences..."

"What's that supposed to mean?" George immediately got defensive, he crossed his arms over his chest as he stood behind the counter.

Alex rose an eyebrow at him, making a mental note to ask about this later. "Nothing, I'm just telling you why I was skeptical about this whole thing in the first place."

George slowly nodded a sarcastic 'oh suuure' written on his face.

"Alex, are you cheating on me?" James called out from the couch, having picked up on the two's absence.

That accusation was a guaranteed way to his boyfriend's attention and he knew that.

Alex put on his 'commentary voice', monotone as ever answered him. "Yes."

"Good but let me join in on that later." James winked not even shifting his gaze from the TV screen

"Me too." Will chimmed in before he yelled at the taller man beside him for having ' unfair spawn and lag switch' and other nonsensical excuses for his own lack of skills in the current situation.