Lion's Den (rtumblr1)

Story: Lion's Den
Author: rtumblr1 
Fandom: Sons of Anarchy
Ship: Juice/OC

Status: Unfinished
Chapters: 16

Summary:
After a failed attempt at living away from the MC world, Roxanna Morrow realizes that not much can keep you away from Charming. Now she's back she has to find her place in the family again. Battling between her parents' want for her to become an Old Lady, close to club, and her drive to do something for herself won't be easy.

. . .

Writing style ​​☆☆☆☆
Originality ☆☆☆
Characters ☆☆☆
Flow and tension ☆☆☆☆
Plot ☆☆☆

. . .

Writing style

The author has a nice writing style by which she knows well how to use paragraphs, making it an easy read. She stays to the point and doesn't use tools like metaphors or flashbacks. One of the strengths of this story are the dialogues; these feel very natural and lack an abundance of conversation markers while it's still clear who says what. 

. . .

Originality 

This story isn't very original. A family member returning to Charming after a break-up seems to be the main ingredient for a SOA fanfiction, and just like all the other times the ex is having a hard time letting the girl go. However, this is just a small sideline and doesn't have a big influence on the plot. A twist I did like, is the fact that Clay wants to set his daughter up with a Son or someone affiliated with the club; usually we read about protective fathers who don't want their daughters to date Sons. Clay's search for a boyfriend for his daughter is selfish in nature, which stresses his personality, and makes things harder for Juice and Roxy. This also leads to the introduction of interesting characters, by which the author pushes her own mark on this story. 

. . .

Characters

Roxy is a likable character; she has a sharp tongue, but has her insecure moments as well. Her relationships with other characters felt very natural. While reading I noticed that I really liked Roxy, but now I finished the story a few days ago I find it hard to describe her personality. It isn't a character that is standing out – but she was neither annoying (which seems to happen a lot to me).

. . .

Flow and tension 

Although there were no super exciting cliffhangers, the author kept me motivated to read on. The relationship between Juice and Roxy develops in a pleasant speed; things aren't rushed or stretched out too long. The author takes time to get the story going and knows when to add some tension to the story line. 

. . .

Plot

Even though the author is guided by the original story line of the show, she adds a lot of things. Furthermore she knows how to involve Roxy in the story without making it feel forced. There were even some moments I realized very late that she had picked some details from the show; the events were cemented very well in Roxy's story. Using Roxy as the club's lawyer was a good fit, however the author didn't really use it to its full potential. The story isn't completed and since the last update is a over a year ago, I'm afraid it will never be finished. Too bad, for this is a story with potential. 

. . .