Chapter 1: She's A Rager

"STOP!" One of the five men who chase me down yell. The cold winter air smacks my face as I run like my life depends on it. Which it does. The cold, wet floor freezes my bare feet as they both make contact with ground. It's pitch black. The only light I see is the moonlight rays lighting up the snow on the ground.
I can hear the men's boots crunch against the snow. Only encouraging me to run faster.
I start to run in all kinds of directions in hopes that I'll lose them. I eventually do but I keep running just in case. As I run through the trees, I run into something small but it still knocks me to my butt. Whatever I hit falls too. I look around then see a little girl with short hair and a dirty pink dress on. She looks at me with deep confusion and I return the look. I feel like I know her. Like I've seen her before. I stand up from the floor and she does the same. We take a few steps closer and reach our hands out to touch each other's faces. Before our fingers came in contact, we both hear a snap followed by manly voices. I take this as my chance to run. I slip past the girl and run for dear life. She calls out but I ignore her plea.
I eventually run into a small building made out of wood. I walk up to it, and bang my knuckles lightly on the first door. No one answers but the door slowly opens from the force of my hand hitting it. I slowly push the door open and peak my head in. It smells like the chamber I sleep in. Back... home. I walk in fully and observe my surroundings. The tiny building is empty. It's been abandoned.
"Home." I sigh heavily. I flick the light switch on and off but nothing happens so I look around in search of matches. When I find it, I light the big candle thing on the counter to bring light to the area. Once I can finally see, I sit down.
I didn't think I'd find shelter so quickly. So effortlessly. But I'm happy I did. I've been running, practically naked for days now. My frostbite has frostbite.
"I'll just sleep for a little." I say softly before drifting off to sleep.

That was about a year ago. I had just made it out of Hawkins Lab, barely with my life, yet again. It was an absolute nightmare, but now I'm okay. I have a job, I paid for electricity and food. Investment is a thing so now I have a car. I've thrived on my own and needed no ones help to do so.
I've enrolled myself in high school to blend in and get as much of an education as I can. And in order to do that, I had to fake having parents. I truly thought that the adults of the school would catch my lie but surprisingly not. I don't really have any friends but at least I'm blending in. Right?
I'm not necessarily a nerd in this school but I'm definitely not the popular girl either. I'm the "weird one" who keeps to herself. No one really talks to me but I do get looks every-now-and-then. Why? Because I have these ticks. When my mind can't process things all at once, which is all the time, my body twitches or I have a full on panic attack. Got to love being the Hawkins High Freak Show. Starring, me. Isn't that just lovely?
From when I enrolled in school, till now, my life has always been the same.
1. Get up
2. Go to school
3. Get pushed around and teased
4. Repeat
My life was nothing like the life I always saw in the movies I watch at home. It's the complete opposite.

"Alright class. You know what textbook you need." Mr. Weatherbee announces. The whole class sighs but I just keep quiet. I never really complained about school work. I see no point.
As I'm flipping through the textbook, to the page we are assigned, I start to feel an overwhelming feeling of rage and anger. I try to shake it off but it just kept getting stronger and stronger. I soon hear a loud car driving into the school parking lot. Everyone's heads snap to the classroom window, mesmerized by the sound. I stay in place. My head begins pounding, my body starts shaking. The pain I'm feeling is too much, so I grab my things and burst through the exit as Mr. Weatherbee calls out to me. The cool air in the hallway hits my face, cooling me down a little but the hatred still fumes. "What the hell is going on?" I ask myself. I power walk down the hallway and towards the main exit. As I inch closer to the exit, a boy walks through the doors. He hand blonde, curly hair shaped into mullet and a bit of scruff on his face. He throws the cigarette that's in his mouth to the floor and steps on it with his boot.
I keep walking towards the door, ignoring his existence but then his shoulder buds me roughly. My plan is to keep walking but he has another one.
"Aye!" He roars. I ignore him again. I keep walking but this time I can hear his boots clacking behind me. Getting closer and closer. I then feel a forceful grip on my wrist. I'm whipped around and painfully pushed up against the lockers. When I open my eyes, I get a face full of the boy who just budded me. "I'm talking to you." He says aggressively.
What do I do?