Chapter V

The loud music from the huge speakers surrounded the atmosphere and Rosa was overwhelmed by it. The party was in full swing and the place was packed. All the who's who of Hollywood were present, each showing off one thing or the other. Rosa felt like a mere gold fish in the ocean of whales.
She wore her brown hair with golden streaks down, she had a fit with the stylist to make her appear as simple as possible, and was not disappointed.

The designer short sleeved dress she had on was sent over by Erica, though revealing and just a little above her knees, she loved it. The creamy color mixed with strokes of brown splashes gave it a cool chocolatey look matching her tanned complexion. The black 4 inch couture-crafted crystal stilettos from zanotti collection completed her attire and she was glamorous if she were to believe the stylist comment and all the eyes she had received ever since she arrived.

Rosa knew she wasn't a supermodel though was taller than most women and she was okay with it. But she also knew she wasn't an ugly duckling and was confident in her body. The dress hugged her tightly and accentuated her curvaceous figure. Her height and beautiful face was what caught people's attention.
She was desperate to get over and done with this circus. Where's Erica? She wondered nervously.
She took out her mobile and dialed her number. It rang twice before being picked.
"Rosayln darling, where are you?" she said.
"I should be asking you that. I've been stuck at this party alone for over an hour!" she screamed.
"Oh you're already here, please come out to the garden, it's less noisy and I get to introduce you to some people." she instructed.
"Okay". Rosa grumbled and put the phone in her little purse.

Finding the exit door to the patio, Rosa squeezed past a couple that were gropping each other openly. It reminded her why she didn't miss this life.
The country club was well maintained and the grounds were no less. The set up for the event was meticulously organized and the stewards smartly dressed. You could easily spot the difference between the party inside and the important deals happening on the outside.

Shane spotted her the moment she stepped out to the gardens almost as if by a magical pull. She stood lost for a minute staring at the scattered mass in front of her. She was breathtakingly beautiful and he felt a sudden jolt of desire run through his entire body. He was drawn to her elegance and mesmerizing sway of her hips as she made her way down a wide flight of stairs to join a group of people that were in deep conversation.

A tall aged man greeted her after she had pecked the woman with them. Shane noticed all the men in that circle staring at her lustfully and that one particular man had the audacity to place his arm around her waist. He felt his blood boil like never before. He was almost trembling with rage. Shane barely heard what the men he was with were talking about, his full attention was focused on her. She laughed and it angered him more. How was she comfortable in another man's arms? He hadn't even stopped to think if she was married or had someone in her life. She couldn't, he wouldn't let her. The connection they had was out of this world, even for him. And he wasn't about to let it go easily before exploring it further.

She left the group to fetch a drink from the bar and he saw it as an opportunity to approach her. He excused himself and rushed in her direction. She was even more beautiful closer. Her shining hair ran past her shoulders and he ached to comb his fingers through it. As she turned around to face him, the air was knocked out of his lungs, she had the most captivating face he had ever seen. The shimmering dress she had on begged to be taken off, her full bust was almost spilling out, and it annoyed him.

"How much are you charging today?" he uttered rudely.
"Excuse me?" she spat, her eyes widening on seeing it was him.
"With that dress, looks like you're here on the job, to pick up clients." he continued.
"You asshole! What's it to you? Get out of my way!" she was furious.
Seeing her hurt, he immediately regretted his words.
" Look, I'm sorry alright!" he begun scratching his head. "I didn't mean that."
"Just stay the hell away from me!" she yelled and proceeded to walk away. She was angry at herself for even thinking he was a gentleman the first day she saw him.
"Oh there you are!" Erica appeared just then addressing her.
"And I see you've met Shane, the man of the hour!" she declared excitedly.
"Sorry?" Rosa asked confused.
"Shane Russell, the biggest and best singer/songwriter of our time! The reason we are here today." She stated matter of factly.
Rosa swallowed hard realizing they were talking about the guy that had just rushed to her side and insulted her.
"Forgive her Erica, we just met and we still aren't properly introduced." Shane put in, leaning in to kiss Erica lightly on the cheek.
"Well, this is Rosalyn Pierce, the best selling author of..."

" ...Together Apart trilogy series." finished Shane, making Rosa turn and stare at him astonishingly.
" You're a fan I see." Erica seemed pleased.
" I am, glad to finally put a face to the name Rosalyn." he took her hand and kissed it. Rosa was dumbfounded and had nothing to say. This man was a big time entertainer and here she was catching feelings and taking offense at his words. On second thought, his behavior could not be excused simply because he was a star.

" I cannot say the same. If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to my editor privately." She retorted dismissively.
Shane would not give up but he decided to let it slide just this once.
" Erica, see you before you leave?"
" Definitely! Shane honey. Look for me." She confirmed before walking away with Rosalyn. Shane was never a jealous man, he had the ability to detach himself emotionally in a relationship. However, his earlier rage and behavior towards this particular woman was strange and it perplexed him. He walked away deep in thought.

"So what's all that about?"
" Nothing." Rosa shrugged trying to ignore it.
" Don't be coy with me, there's something going on between you two. Surprising because as per my knowledge you hadn't met before." she was almost talking to herself.
"We kissed." Barely a whisper.
" What? When?" She stood rooted and gaped at her friend.
"It was an accident! never meant to happen." Rosa gruntled.
"Accident? Kissing THE Shane Russell would never be an accident now would it?" Erica was still shocked.
"I didn't know who he was, and it took me by surprise as well. Anyway, that's water under the bridge. I'll be sure to never repeat that mistake ever again!"

"You do know he's the current most eligible billionaire bachelor highly sought after artist huh?" Erica pointed out.
" I don't care who he is. I'll keep away and that's it." Rosa clarified determinedly.
"Good luck with that. But if you've caught his eye, he won't let go easily. It's who he is. He would never be where he is now if he wasn't persistent and strong headed."
Rosa rolled her eyes. It was clearly pointless to argue with her friend about it now.
" I need a drink." Said Rosa.
" Me too."
With hands intertwined, Erica chose to drop the topic for later and enjoy themselves.