2 | Isle Skirmish

Börja om från början

Soundwave, in retrospect, could have answered without much trouble, though simply putting forth the effort into concocting a complex pile of dialogue to form a sentence or two wasn't his main priority, nor something he particularly cared to do unless it was absolutely required of him. It was inefficient to waste time explaining to those inferior of rank with unneccessary information of their location, frankly put.

Currently, though, they were on a nearby island off the coast St. Kilda, hundreds of miles away from the Nemesis. It was indeed remote, however, so there shouldn't be any problems while they occupy this area.

The Vehicons all murmured under their breath their disatisfaction with the lack of an answer, yet still absentmindedly followed behind Soundwave as they scouted for the source of energon. Each step they took, sand grinded inside their gears, and they all appeared to sink down a few feet or more from their dense, concentrated weight.

What an infuriating hindrance...

Soundwave tutted in mild annoyance, glancing down at the miniscule grains of sediment pulling him downwards and filling every possible crevice with molecule-sized rocks.

"All Decepticons! Disperse--in order to create simplified reconassiance." The Communications and Surveillance Chief stopped and turned for the Vehicon's undivided attention; his looming, menacing stature enough to get any Decepticon to yield. The Vehicons all dipped their helms in unquestioning acknowledgement, divvying themselves up hastily to scour the island as competently as possible. Soundwave didn't want to stand another second longer here than he had to. Briskly, he walked across the expansive island, the sand that had yet to be stirred by the ocean kept at an acceptable, warm temperature.

Soundwave flinched and froze in the midst of taking a step, an unanticipated bright light suddenly filling his visual sensors. The Decepticon prepared a swift defensive against the suspected attacker, but was surprised to see it was only the glare of the sun, finally peeking out from the cover of the clouds. Soundwave increased the tint of his visor, only for it to glitch and refute the command. Soundwave's gaze narrowed.

Yet another irksome annoyance to fix...

The Surveillance Chief huffed, tapping against the glass of his visor to confirm its malfunction. But then, an uncanny idea came to him.

Soundwave took a quick, circular scan of the area before pressing a button near his audials, still with caution, and the visor retracted itself into his helm and out of sight. Soundwave stared around at the pure organic scenery, and then up at the blue lit sky. Every now and again, he would wonder how different things would be if he could forget. At the very least, that day.

It would make life much less of a headache, certainly.

"Sir! Sir!"

Speaking of headaches...

"We have found the source of the energon reading, Second Leiutenant Soundwave! We will most likely need to request more reinforcements to unearth the majority of the energon."
A Vehicon informed, not going so far as to conceal a speck of his pride with his chest plate puffed out. Soundwave grazed their audial again and their visor sunk back into place before they would show their face, then tilting their helm over to the Vehicon with a look of disinterest.

Still, however. I must remain loyal to my unwavering belief in the Decepticon cause...and Lord Megatron.

I owe my life to him.

Sighing to himself, Soundwave pivoted his pedes and started towards the Vehicon without any word of added response, making the previously confident Decepticon waver momentarily in themselves as they took a short step back, unsure of the Leiutenant's intentions. Afterall, reading their superior's expressions from under the concealing veil of a pitch black visor was rendered definitively impossible.