1.41 | THREE MISTAKES

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Damon attempted to portray perplex and cluelessness in his voice.

"She's been acting strange and so have you." His brother restored, turning to his brother who remained concentration on the path ahead of him.

He was experiencing beyond conflicting emotions about yesterday's occurrence. He didn't in any way regret the kiss, he simply wanted to know what she was thinking. Though with Olivia that was impossible. That much was clear from the way she was avoiding him and keeping her distance and pulling from his gaze every time they made eye-contact. Maybe that meant she didn't feel anything for him... but if so, she wouldn't be acting the way she was acting. Truthfully, Damon wasn't exactly sure how he felt himself. He had feelings for her obviously but they weren't the same feelings he previously held for Elena.

He was in completely in love with Elena, however at no point along the line of those growing feelings did he experience anything similar to how he was currently feeling for Olivia. His feelings for the blonde were different. They were more complex and confusing and unclear. All his senses were jumbled around her and so were his thoughts; he was a complete wreck.

Also whilst with Elena, he was initially attracted to her because of her identical appearance to Katherine there was something else that drew him towards Olivia. She was undoubtedly gorgeous and he was attracted to her from the moment he met her ⏤ what guy wouldn't be? Though those feelings were mainly lustful and sexual than anything else. Knowing she'd never sleep with him with his reputation, he essentially just let the idea of being with her slip from his mind... mostly anyway.

And so, he seemed to develop different feelings for her; like a pull so strong he couldn't resist it. One that made his love for Elena fade away and one that made him want her more and more. Not just sexually, but emotionally and... mentally and... and in every way imaginable. He wanted to be with her, to be near her and even if she didn't feel the same way, he'd accept just being her friend or close to her in any way possible.

"Listen, something's seriously up with her and it's not just the strange coincidence of her birthday being the same day as the ritual..." Stefan continued, looking over at Damon in confusion, observing as he pulled from his thoughts. "And you know what it is, don't you?" 

"Come on Stefan, does anyone ever know what's up with that girl?" Damon resorted.

"Apparently you do." Stefan glimpsed over at him sceptically. "What happened between the two of you?" He asked bluntly. It was obvious from his continuous deflecting and dismissive attitude. Not to mention Olivia only really started expressing a strange demeanour when Damon was brought up or when he finally walked into the room.

Damon sighed with an inward eye roll, growing progressively more annoyed. "I kissed her."

"You kissed her?" Stefan recited with vaguely widened eyes.

"Why are you so surprised?" Damon queried bluntly. "You already knew I had feelings for her." He went on with a mildly aggressive tone to his voice.

"I just didn't think you'd actually do anything about it." He revealed, remaining considerably surprised by his brother's revelation. He supposed he shouldn't be considering Damon was Damon and all but at the same time, Olivia was the first girl he had real feelings for since Katherine or Elena.

"I'm meant to be the impulsive brother, aren't I?" Damon retorted, putting up his careless facade as he did though Stefan saw right through it.

"So what happened then, did she...?" He drifted off, assuming something went wrong considering how awkward things seemed to be between them.