1.41 | THREE MISTAKES

Mulai dari awal

"Who?" She resorted. "Bonnie won't help us, Elijah has already done all he possibly can, you're too emotionally attached to everyone... no offence." She quickly added. "Elena is too... human and would spill the entire plan in a matter of seconds and Damon would explode and get himself killed!" she exclaimed, before taking a calming breath. "And so that leaves ⏤"

"No way." Damon cut her off promptly, finally speaking up after remaining silent for the longest time during Stefan and Olivia's exchange. Olivia turned her head to glimpse over at the vampire who was now standing close beside her, feeling a strange amount of tension between them; though she chose to ignore it.

"I wasn't asking." She countered, shifting her body to face him. She only managed to last a few seconds when meeting his burning gaze before flickering her eyes away awkwardly. Damon sighed lightly, taking a step closer to her which she couldn't help but retaliate with a sharp inhale and a step backwards. Her action hurt Damon, making him grind his teeth unnoticeably ⏤ is she really that bothered that I kissed her

Stefan furrowed his brows at the exchange, watching them in confusion. Feeling eyes on her, Olivia turned to Stefan, directing an almost pleading expression his way. One in which she attempted to push the idea into his mind that this was the only way and that she needed him on board for it to pan out successfully.

The younger Salvatore sighed but nodded subtly, appearing behind Damon within a matter of seconds before snapping his neck and temporarily killing him. He then turned to Olivia with a concerned expression. "Be careful." He urged her. "And text me the moment something goes wrong."

As Olivia left the Boarding House, only one thought remained in his mind ⏤ please for the love of god, Olivia, don't do anything that will get you killed.

⏤⏤⏤⏤

Footsteps moved in unison across the forest floor, branches and leaves snapping and crumpling as both Salvatore brothers directed themselves towards the tomb. Olivia had just texted the younger informing him she'd located Klaus which, whilst making him nervous, ensured he wasn't anywhere near Caroline and Tyler.

"I'm still not okay with this," Damon complained yet again as he picked up his pace significantly, eager to not leave Olivia alone with him for too long.

"And you think I am?" Stefan countered.

"You snapped her neck and let her leave." He retaliated coldly.

"She would've snapped both of our necks if I didn't." Stefan sighed, both brothers knowing it was true. "But Olivia knows what she's doing, whilst she puts herself in harm's way she always seems to walk out without a scratch."

"How many times can a person escape death before they run out of chances, Stef?" He questioned rhetorically in response.

"Look, she's got this handled. Besides, it's better she actually involved us this time rather than trying to recklessly save Caroline and Tyler by herself."

"Speaking of," Damon began, ensuring to maintain a tone of nonchalance as he spoke. "Since when was wolf boy back in town?"

"Last night apparently ⏤ that's what Liv told me anyway," Stefan answered, picking up on the subtle clench and unclench of Damon's jaw. It was just his luck that the night he finally expressed his feelings for Liv; the night he had finally kissed her, Tyler had returned to town.

"So I'm guessing he went to see her first," Damon grumbled.

"Yeah, Liv told me all about their reunion and her strong feelings for him..." Stefan drifted off with a hint of a smirk on his lips, resulting in Damon throwing him a hateful glare in his direction. Stefan momentarily basked in subtle amusement before his thoughts strayed elsewhere. "So what was going on between the two of you earlier?"