1 ; Facility and What?

Start from the beginning

He opened his eyes, and finally adjusted to the area he was in.

It was dark.

Very dark.

He rubbed his head from the slight pain of bumping it, but couldn't adjust to the surrounding he was in. He felt like it was very dusty and then reached for his phone but nothing was there. Nothing was actually there. He scanned all over his body, patting down his pockets, ankles, and hoodie. He felt the area around him, feeling the hard cold ground, at least he assumed, and eventually found his phone with a shattered screen. His phone was next to him, actually on, what it seemed like, a very cold and hard concrete.

His phone's screen was still cracked, but he was still able to turn it on. With the press of the button on the side, the first thing he checked for was the service bars. They were all down. He had no service. He scoffed at the soft blue light that came from it. But one of the features that he could still access with 0 service is the flashlight on his phone.

He pressed the one flashlight button, pointing it around and to his shock, he didn't see much because he was actually low down on the ground.

He really was nowhere...

Above his head was a metal bar... an actual metal bar. He made the most confused face, examining what's above him. One metal bar with rust peeling from the top. The then pointed the flashlight in front of him, seeing nothing but dust particles flying around in the air.

"H-hello," he trembled underneath his breath. His voice echoed, bouncing off of the walls where ever he was. With the anxiety he has and the echoing made his breath heavy, weighing down on his chest.

He slid away from the metal bar and couldn't believe his eyes once he shined the flashlight.

He was in a very large but enclosed room. It was far from empty, gadgets laid across countertops, cabinets, things he has never seen before. Nothing was lighting up, everything was dusty and it looked like it had been untouched for years, or even decades. The gadgets look like they've been used for something that didn't seem legal. In all the books he had read, the things he wasn't supposed to know at his age, he has never seen items and tools such as these.

He walked closely and slowly towards one of the objects across this old countertop, gently brushing his fingers across the top of the sharp metal and copper object. It didn't seem to work but there were buttons with unknown mandarin symbols printed across them. He brushed off the dust, seeing the devices numbers and codes.

This meant nothing to the area he was in. But the one thing he could read in mandarin only confused him more.

"项目:黄木"

"Project... Yellowwood," he whispered to himself. He only could translate that because of the lessons he took on... dimensions. Early spring, placebos, something along the lines of that.

He looked towards the wall with plenty of unread mandarin, things he couldn't translate but pointing his flashlight across the sorts of symbols, he could make out the sounds and gaps.

"If you're at the hesitation, roads are not taken, two are the same. A new path ahead awaits, two roads diverged in a Yellowwood. Traveling both routes will lead to mistakes, wishing upon a new path is now valid," he read out loud.

This connects to the poem's he used to read when he was a kid it seemed like. Maybe it was all just a joke but with the readings, the numbers, the strange gadgets laid across the countertops, a poem like this could have come to life.

"1932," he read out loud again, as a date imprinted on the wall read.

The way the unfinished bricks are scattered across the floor, the rusted metal bars that climbed across, up, and down to new unexplored floors, the untouched old gadgets, the mandarin symbols imprinted along the walls and tools, the Yellowwood references, everything that was as old as time itself indicated that this place has been untouched since 1932. There were too much dust and the scent of old wood and a disgusting smell of rust was intoxicating the air far down below where he was.