I yawn and stretch as I feel the bed calling me. I quickly ease out of my clothes butt naked and ease into bed, under the covers. I have a feeling it is going to be a long day tomorrow. For the first time in years, I did not feel the twinge of pain and was able to sleep soundlessly and nightmare-free all night.

***

"Wow!" Daniel exclaims. "But why was your dad getting you married in the first place?"

Before Jassi could reply, the restaurant door jingles open. The restaurant is an old 1980's coffee colored diner. The caramel walls compliment the blue booths placed against the windows. Not many people sat at the tables in the middle.

Jassi met Daniel two days ago. Turns out the older man at the front desk is a werewolf. His name is Uncle Tom as the pack calls him. Jassi didn't think nothing of it, was very excited matter in fact. Uncle Tom actually had a blood niece, Daniel, whom he introduced to Jassi the following morning she had first checked in. Once they had found out the reason for her being there, they were overly excited and showered Jassi with as much help they could.

After Jassi told Daniel she was new to town and here to stay, Daniel offered Jassi to move in with her without a second thought. Daniel even hooked Jassi up with the job and got her registered for the spring semester classes in a local community college.

"We better get back to work," Jassi says, standing up. "I don't wana get fired on the first day. I need the money, especially if I want to pay your rent and the fees for the college classes."

"Don't worry 'bout it, Jas," Daniel says, as she rings up the customer, "Just worry about finding your mates at the moment."

"Yeah, that," Jassi whispers, feeling her face fall. She wasn't so sure about that anymore. Not after reruns of her dad's statement keeps picking her brain.

She remembers his words quite frankly, "Who'd want to mate with you? You're nothing but an ugly, fat little whore!"

And now she wasn't sure if she could do this. She bet she was the only fat werewolf in this whole damn world. And seeing how male wolves were naturally built and muscular, she didn't want to tie them down with her weight.

She had to give them up, let them be free and find someone prettier and skinnier than her. Someone they deserve.

"Excuse me?" a lady at the bar calls.

Jassi hurries towards her, going back to work.

***

The next morning excitement and fear ran through Jassi's body. She didn't know how to react; whether to be excited about starting a new life or to fear the rejection process of rejecting her mates. As of yesterday, the last thing Jassi wants is to meet her mates. She knows what her human has decided but she also knew her wolf is not accepting her decision. It's going to be hard to control her wolf.

Sighing, Jassi looks at herself in the mirror. Her body fat hangs, making her look almost pregnant. Though her dress sense is to point which Jassi has always been proud of, she didn't feel the same about her naked self. Her breasts aren't the best. Not perky, not firm. They hang, just like the stomach. Not even the best bra could hold them up. Of course, she isn't familiar with today's trend and what men are into, but she knows that she certainly isn't liking what she's seeing. Jassi grunts when she notices her facial hair right below her chin. Yet the growth wasn't that heavy, it was undoubtedly noticeable. She runs a hand under her chin, in disgust, before shaking her head and sharply turns around, away from the mirror. Angry tears fill his eyes at how ugly she looks.

Taking a deep breath, Jassi walks to her new closet in her new home. Baby blue paint cover the walls complimenting the beige fluffy carpet sitting across her room. The walls gave the room a cool, positive atmosphere, automatically calming Jassi's nerves. Her closet was almost a pearl white sanded down to perfection. She slides open the door, peeking through her clothes. Seconds later, she smiles pulling out her old high school sweatshirt. It was thing that helped her get through high school on low and invisible. Now it is going to help her through college.

She puts on the sweatshirt and walks to the mirror. She picks up her lip gloss from the dresser and pastes her lips with it. The glitter brown color made her caramel cheeks pop. She scans herself through the mirror, fixing her glossy brown blond bangs, standing firm against her curly hair. Content, Jassi smiles at her image.

"Come on, Jas," Daniel calls, "We gona be late! I still need to show you around and help you get your ID."

"I'm coming, Danny," Jassi calls back.

Daniel's parents died when she was young. Her uncle, the one who owns the motel, raised her until she decided to live on her own. She earns enough money justifying her own apartment and even benefiting herself to a 2016 Nissan Altima. Daniel's been very sweet to Jassi, but for some reason Jassi still feels like Daniel was still hiding something...something big.

"I wonder how you make so much money that you can afford a beauty like this." Jassi asks, running her hand over the dashboard as soon as they park in the college parking lot.

"Well, it's not that hard. I mostly saved up half the money I made."

Before Jassi could reply, her heart starts aching following heavy breathing. She puts a hand on her chest, leaning forward.

"Jas, what's wrong?" Daniel asks, putting her hand on Jassi's back.

"I-I don't know," Jassi strains out.

+<