0.4

A baby was born in the cold days of early winter in the back of an alley to a haggard looking girl.

Sweating profusely, the girl muffled her voice with her thin scarf as she pushed the premature baby out. 

A pleated skirt blocked any prying eyes and a thick jacket with the insignia of a nearby school lay underneath her bottom to shield her pale skin from the freezing concrete.

What a sight to behold. If anyone were to see this, they would surely question why the girl was hiding herself in an alley to give birth.

Not to say there was anyone around. She made sure of it. This was too scandalous for her to bear the weight of.

She had to secretly hide her full belly and would take numerous attempts at binding her stomach. All her efforts were not in vain as no one knew or suspected a thing.

Teeth gritting tightly, her screams being held back by cherry red lips clenched tightly close and her thin scarf.

The baby was unexpectedly early.

It wasn't due until a month later when she was supposed to hide out in a love hotel to give birth.

She was going to be late.

After a long time - or what felt like it -, a head could be seen crowning from beneath the girl. Throughout the entire debacle, no one discovered the girl or heard her predicament - or at least they pretended not to hear the panting of a girl in labor.

As the girl wept in pain, a baby's wail could suddenly be heard in the crisp air. 

...

...

...

...

A baby lay crying on the snow covered ground in a dark and filthy alley.

Utterly alone.

After a while of the baby screaming, one of the occupants in the neighborhood finally called the authorities. 

An old, stout police officer arrived on the scene of the birth to find a naked new born in the snow behind a dumpster.

His eyes widened in disgust.

The police officer threw his cigarette onto the floor, crushing it beneath his foot.

The baby was layered in a thick coat of dirt and muck, insects crawling in and out of the corpse. Its entrails missing. It looked like it was dead for quite some time.

"How sickening."

With that, the officer left and 'aborted' the report of a noise disturbance. 

There was no crying baby in the alley. 

Only a dead one.

Except the occupants in the neighborhood would swear up and down that the alley was haunted and they saw a baby with blood dripping down its eyes.

The neighborhood continued to be plagued by a crying ghost baby. It scared the people nearby so much that the small businesses slowly lost customers and became an even more desolate area. People began deserting the area in hopes of escaping the ominous aura surrounding the alley.

Over the years, the entire neighborhood was eventually bought out by an ambitious man to be turned into a great business full of potential - or a red light district for the wealthy.

His plans were delayed numerous times by several employees who claimed that the site was haunted by the sound of a child running on the construction site. Not wanting bad press to surround his plans, the man quickly quieted the rowdy workers... To death.