"Zayn, hon, I think that's enough. Let's get going. Please."

There is a tone and urgency to my voice that I hope Zayn understands as I'm not in the mood for this.  We have an infant to attend to and that's more of a priority over him getting into a fight.  I agree there are some things here that need to be looked into a bit but now is not the time or place. 

Andrew gives him an arrogant smile.

"Listen to your husband Mr. Malik. We provide nothing but the best care to these children.  If you don't like it or if you are no longer interested in adopting, I'm happy to take Ms. Melanie back to the orphanage where she will be auctioned off next year."

He takes a step towards me and Melanie with his hands outstretched. My hands automatically tighten around Melanie making her whimper. I loosen my grip and shush her back to sleep.  Zayn takes a step to the side so he's directly in front of us.

"No, that won't be necessary.  I just hope you take my comments seriously and some positive changes are made."

Andrew gives a polite smile.

Zayn comes back to stand beside me and wraps a protective arm around my waist. 

Andrew nods and takes a step back.

"I appreciate your concerns and I do take yours and all comments and concerns very seriously."

Zayn smiles back and gives Melanie a light kiss on her forehead.

"That's all we ask."

"Great. Well if you want to follow me, we can finalize your paperwork and process payment which will only take a few minutes and then you are free to go."

"Lead the way Mr. Parker."

He turns around and heads off the stage.

Zayn leans closer to me.

"Stay by me. I don't trust this guy."

I give him a small grin.

"Babe you worry too much.  It'll be fine.  And we have Eric and Mike with us as well." 

Zayn nods but continues frowning. He glances back at Eric and gives him a brief nod in understanding.

We walk back into the nursery and laboratory area. We find it is deserted aside from a few people changing their kids clothes, feeding them one last bottle, or packing up to head home.

We walk down a few hallways before we come to what we assume is Mr. Parker's office.  He has an oak desk that looks like it could seat 10 comfortably.  There is a sitting area with couches, a couple chairs and a small coffee table. Completing the office in another area is a small kitchen with a refrigerator, countertop and microwave. He waves us over to the couch and Zayn takes a seat.  He offers us a drink to which we decline. We are just ready to get this over with.  I stay standing with Melanie because when I went to sit down, she whined a bit and all I care to do is keep her sleeping for now so if she wants me to stand, I will.

Parker comes and sits down across from us with a folder full of papers.  I let Zayn take the lead:

1. Because of his extensive business expertise. I trust him not to sign our lives away or Melanie's for that matter, unless it's to us.

2. I'm still holding Melanie against my shoulder and although she's peacefully sleeping with drool slipping from her mouth... I dont want to jostle her around while I look through paperwork and risk waking her up. 

Zayn carefully looks over all of the papers, asking questions when needed and signing what needs to be signed.  Mr. Parker is sure to tell us that all "sales" are final.  It irritates us that he treats the kids like they're vehicles that just get driven off the lot when it's their time to go.