Zayn is standing in front of me and gently rubs her back for a second. "Is she alright?"

I nod. "She'll be fine. I think she's just scared and she's cold." I motion towards her bare feet.  

Zayn stays at my side watching her with a sad smile. He leans forward and places a tender kiss on the top of Melanie's head. After ensuring we are good, or as good as we can be, he turns his stare to Andrew. 

I feel and hear Melanie begin to calm down.  Her body isn't as tense and rigid and instead of screaming, she's slowed down to a small whimper and a few hiccups occasionally.

I hear a small suckle sound and I turn my head slightly and see that she's sucking on her thumb fast asleep.  That's a habit we will have to break but I'm not going to address it right now. I'm just grateful that I was able to get her to sleep in just a few minutes.

I stop rocking her and just hold her to me as I press a kiss to her damp temple which is sweaty from her screaming for so long. 

"You're alright. Daddy's got you."

Zayn glances at us. "Is she asleep?"

I nod still looking at Melanie.

Zayn runs a hand lightly over her head and then turns towards Andrew again. The people in the auditorium have begun to file out since Melanie was the last kid of the evening and there's no reason left to still be here.  Andrew is looking over some papers waiting patiently for us to hand over a check we suppose.

Zayn clears his throat "Mr. Parker, a word please." I raise an eyebrow at Zayn. I know that tone and that's his "I'm going to be as nice and professional as possible but you should know I'm pissed the fuck off."

Obviously Mr. Parker doesn't know this tone and looks at Zayn with a smile. 

"What can I help you with?" He has a sickeningly fake cheerful tone that makes me roll my eyes. 

"Would you mind telling me what you did to make her scream like that? You saw she was clearly upset and you did absolutely nothing to try and calm her down. She was crying so hard, I was worried she was going to physically sick. Is this the type of operation you're running? Because if so, the company you had this evening, may very well be the last company you receive."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops slightly. I silenty pray to God that Zayn reins in his temper. Zayn is already the protective daddy and he's been around Melanie for all of 10 minutes, if that. 

Mr. Parker looks slightly affronted. He turns towards Zayn and folds his arms across his chest. 

"I'm not sure what you're accusing me of Mr. Malik or if that's supposed to be some kind of threat. I suggest you stop while you're ahead. However, if you're unhappy about something you're welcome to take it up with customer service. I have several people employed specifically for those purposes."

Zayn practically growls at him.

"I dont have a problem with your attitude. I have a problem with how these kids are being treated."

He motions towards me and Melanie.

"She is freezing, she's wearing a paper thin gown, she's upset to the point of throwing up or passing out. That is a serious issue to me."

I clear my throat and jostle Melanie a bit who grunted a little in her sleep at the commotion happening.  I also noticed a few guards step out on the stage from the back.  Our own personal security notice as well and step up to stand beside me and Melanie. I'm really not in the mood to bail my husband or security out of jail tonight.