"Am I interrupting?" A familiar voice says from behind him as they turn to face Klaus.

Didn't he say he'd be gone for a few days?

"My work ended quickly, love" Klaus says when he sees the arch of her eyebrow. "Fancy seeing you here, Quarterback" he says to Matt as the human stands up straighter as if to show Klaus that he wasn't afraid of him.

How cute.

"It is a highschool party" Matt replies pointedly as if to say 'so why exactly are you here?'

"So it is" Klaus agrees with his signature smirk, "how is Miss Bennett doing by the way?" He asks curiously in order to get a rise out of Matt as his hand tightens around his cup

He felt like throwing his beer in Klaus' face for even asking him something like that so causally after what he almost did to her. After what he put Bonnie through.

"Niklaus" Rose says in warning.

The last thing she wants is for Rebekah to rip her limbs off if Matt attacks Klaus and he kills the human.

"I have to go Matt but thank you for tonight" she says gratefully as she turns to face him as he looks away from Klaus for a second to face her

"Yeah, sure" he nods kindly, offering her a small smile in response, while Klaus narrows his eyes at the sight as Rose heads toward Klaus, narrowing her eyes at him.

He doesn't need to be an asshole to everyone all the time. Matt watches them leave and only realises after they've left that Klaus was acting a lot like a jealous boyfriend.

Was Caroline right?

Was there something going on between Klaus and Rose?

~Fall on me~

"You are insufferable" Rose tells Klaus as they head out of the house and toward his black Range Rover.

Out of all of the cars in the street his is the flashiest one there and she rolls her eyes at the sight.

People who were sitting on the patio watch them together as they walk out of the house.

People had suspected that she was Kol's girlfriend when they had been together but upon closer observation and inspection and a few deadly glares from Klaus when they were making their way out the house, they changed from Kol to Klaus.

"He was just being sweet" she adds, referring to Matt. Nik had disturbed them while they were having a very pleasant conversation.

"Well he can be sweet somewhere else" Klaus spits out venomously as he opens the door for her while she rolls her eyes at him.

He was still a gentleman even though he was angry about something.

"I think we need to establish that you don't own me" she says, crossing her arms over her chest as they glare at each other, neither of them refusing to stand down, "why are you angry with him anyway?" She asks in confusion.