Rose sighs, preparing herself for some sort of speech about how she was living with evil itself but he surprises her by being pleasant.

"Hey, you're Rose, right?" He asks kindly.

"Yeah" she nods slowly.

"I'm Matt" he says in introduction.

"I know" she says, recalling all the times that she's seen him at the Grill or even just around town whenever she's with Rebekah.

Come to think of it they usually see him all the time when she's with Rebekah and she's starting to suspect that it isn't just coincidence anymore.

"Right" he says with an awkward cough, "well I just wanted to say thank you for saving Bonnie's life" he adds, "it means a lot" he adds sincerely.

"You consider her a sister?" Rose asks him, remembering how Damon Salvatore was responsible for his sister, Vicki's death.

He probably still carried that guilt with him.

"I do" he admits with a nod.

"She's lucky to have you" Rose comments sincerely, taking him aback with her kindness.

He hadn't expected her to be the way that she is.

"Thanks" he says, unsure of how else to respond to her kind words.

He hadn't expected that she would be so normal since she lived with the Mikaelsons and was apparently something with Klaus.

Caroline hadn't really specified. All she'd told him is that Rose and Klaus had something going on between them from what she had seen when they were trying to help Bonnie.

"So what do you do? Besides spend all your time at the Mikaelson compound that is" he asks cautiously, not wanting to be rude and have Kol rip his heart out of his chest or something

"Read" she admits casually "and read some more" she adds, "I believe the term Rebekah uses when referring to me at times is nerd" she adds with a light laugh as Matt also cracks a smile at the sound and the sight.

There was just something about Rose that made him feel at ease in her presence.

"You two friends?"

"Yes" she nods, "I'm friends with all of them" she says with a pointed look as if to say 'if you're going to trash talk them then you can take a hike right now'.

Matt seems to understand the look loud and clear.

"I get it" he says, holding his hands up in surrender, "I won't say anything bad about them but I will warn you to be careful, especially with Klaus" he adds as she nods as if to say 'thanks for the concern but I'll be fine'

"You be careful around the Salvatores" She reiterates, "I've seen how far they are willing to go for Elena Gilbert and no one deserves being treated like trash like that" she adds much to Matt's surprise.

How did she know about the things Damon and Stefan did for Elena? She hasn't been in Mystic Falls along enough.

"Ditto" he says as he holds up his drink as she laughs.

They spend a little longer talking between themselves as they chat about everything under the stars but never share information about themselves

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.