"No love, that'll be all" he says, dismissing her as he grabs a serviette and hands it to Rose, who narrows her eyes confusedly. "You have a little something here, love" he says, pointing to the spot as Taylor walks off, shaking her hips in hopes that Klaus will pay attention to her as she does.

Rose wipes her lip as she looks at the ketchup on the serviette with a frown.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She asks him accusingly.

"I happened to think it made you look all the more gorgeous, love" he says with a chortle as she kicks him from underneath the table.

She looks a little surprised at her own actions but the look disappears only to be replaced by a smile as she starts to giggle when he narrows his eyes at her.

Some men have died for a lot less and here she is, kicking the Original Hybrid in the shin for not telling her that she had ketchup on her lower lip.

Klaus' fierce look dissolves into a slight smile when he catches wind of her musical laughter as she covers her mouth to smother her laughter.

"Sorry" she says, even though her tone clearly gives away that she isn't sorry about it in the least. "You have no idea how funny you look when you do that" she says as she lifts her eyes to face him, her eyes twinkling as they do. "It makes you look like a...a bear" she adds as Klaus chortles at the comparison. "A really grumpy bear" she adds as her laughter dies down.

"Did you just compare me to a bear?"

"It's your fault entirely" she says with a smirk as another waitress clears away her dirty dishes. "Do you think I might find something to help me get back home in the Mystic Falls library?" She asks him.

"Highly unlikely, love. Their selection of the written word is rather limited. The library in my house however is another story entirely" he says with obvious pride.

"I'll get started on that as soon as I get back" she says, rolling her eyes at him as Taylor returns with her milkshake.

She sets it in front of Rose with a loud clank, almost spilling it all over her as she does.

"Sorry" she says, her voice icy. "Enjoy your milkshake, ma'am" she adds with a tight smile before walking off as Klaus watches her leave with a small frown.

If Rose noticed the attitude then she clearly chooses not to point it out.

Klaus can't help thinking how if it had been Rebekah then the girl might have been dead before they even left the diner.

"She likes you" Rose tells him, surprising him with her observation. He thought she couldn't see it but clearly he had been underestimating her.

"How unfortunate for me" Klaus replies as Rose lifts her eyes from her shake to face him, fighting back a smile.