--three--

Falling slow in his steps, Sehun hid whenever he thought she'd look back and catch him. He just needed to see where she was going and then he'd interrogate the hell out of her. Tell her parents too of what she did behind their backs every morning. The last time he'd almost caught her but then he lost sight of her down the road. Though he had noticed how she came back home before five thirty and went back to bed as if she hadn't snuck out.

This morning, he was prepared. He was determined that this Jisoo wouldn't make him wake up at four in the morning anymore. She scurried down the sidewalk, with him on his toes. Sehun kept his eyes wide, shifting the cap on his head to hide his face as much as he could.

Jisoo suddenly stopped. Sehun stopped behind her, panic crossing his eyes as he searched for a place to hide. Not being given a choice, he walked right into the coffee shop that wasn't open yet. He watched as Jisoo turned around, eyes suspicious. He turned away, giving his back to the glass door behind him. The workers at the cafe looked at him weirdly, he looked back at them with the same expression.

"W-we're not open yet."

Sehun rolled his eyes, looking back at Jisoo's figure. He bolted out of the cafe, following her again. She stopped by an open ground. Sehun arched his brows. He stood by the gate, observing her. She stopped in front of a tree. Sehun watched carefully as she set the flower down on the grass. She sat down, and started speaking. Sehun could hear her faint voice but couldn't make out the words. So, was she talking to the tree?

Weird. Sehun thought.

That day, as Sehun paced his room with his phone in his hand, he heard someone clearing their throat. Sehun turned to face Jisoo who had a cunning smile on her face. He was, once again, taken aback by her nerve. Girls like her were usually shy. He didn't know what was wrong with her. But everything was usually wrong with a girl who talked to a tree anyway.

"Come here," she motioned with her pointer.

Sehun huffed, rolling his eyes but still doing as she said. "Oh Sehun, did I get your name right?"

"What do you think, thief?"

"I think I did, stalker."

Sehun went mum. He felt embarrassed that he was caught. Stalking a girl was never something he had done before Jisoo smiled even more, observing his reaction. "Speechless?"

Sehun shook his head, "Of course not. I was being obvious anyway." He lied, watching her push her glasses up the bridge of her nose. "But let's first face the fact that you've been stealing from my garden."

"Let's not ignore the fact that you've stalking me every morning for three days now."

"First of all, let's talk about the flowers."

"No, you were coming after a girl for three days straight and you want to talk about your flowers?"

"Yes, which you steal every morning." He yelled back, fury in his eyes. Who did she think she was? It was her who was at fault anyway. He just wanted to know where his flowers went every morning. "That's the bigger issue, Kim Jisoo."

"Yeah? You could just ask me why I take your flowers like a gentleman would instead of following me around. What the hell is your problem?"

"You take them?" Sehun huffed, "No, you steal them. I don't need to ask, you might just be lying to me even if I did. And the bigger problem is you. You who talks to a fucking tree at five in the morning."

"I don't talk to a tree. You're so blind that you didn't see it."

"See what?"

"Look, I don't want to quarrel with you. That's like the last thing I want," she talked as if she was the wiser one and him the dumber one. Sehun absolutely hated that kind of an attitude coming from a girl like her. "I meant to ask you first before taking your flowers but then you turned out to be this overprotective about them. I knew you'd say no so I turned to this method."

"Of stealing them?"

"Kind of, yes," she shrugged. "Stop interrupting."

"My wish."

"Then you don't have to hear it."

"Fine," Sehun grumbled. "Why did you steal?"

"I needed flowers. I read it in a book that if you take flowers to your loved one's grave for seven days after their death, you can assure that they have a comfortable afterlife." She explained. Sehun cocked his brows at her, his phone long forgotten in his hand. "I met a puppy when I was twelve. Mom didn't let me bring him home because we already had one. So I raised him secretly."

"Your point is?"

"He died seven days ago," She was quick to answer. "Now that seven days are over, I'll not be stealing anymore. If you want I could help you grow them back. I'm not as mean as you, and just so you know, I've made thirteen friends in this neighborhood already."

Sehun blinked at her, "You stole my flowers for a dog?"

"Stop belittling him like that. Your flowers die anyway after a week."

"But still, for a dog and a stupid book?"

"You're stupid!" Jisoo yelled after a silence of one second.

"No you are! You talk to a dead dog! How much weirder could you get?"

"That's because you never had a pet. You don't understand!" She yelled above his voice, "I'm sorry. Okay? I told you I'll grow them back if you need me to. I know it takes a lot of effort to grow flowers and I'm sorry for stealing them. I really am."

Sehun was taken aback because he hadn't expected her to apologize at all. Now that she did, he felt a little guilt ignite in his stomach. Oh come on, he thought, he should be angry and not guilty. "Your apology won't bring my flowers back," he sharply remarked.

"I know they won't. I'm not stupid," Jisoo replied.

"Oh, you're not?"

"I'm not." She firmly said. "If needed I'll go apologize to your mother. Yeah, I'll do just that. Because you are too dysfunctional to acknowledge an apology coming from your neighbor that you're supposed to live in harmony with."

"Excuse me? You're the one who broke the so-called harmony. You stole my flowers and even if you apologize now, nothing's gonna change. They are not going to grow themselves back."

"I'm not saying that. Am I?" If Jisoo wasn't almost two meters away and right beside him, he would've pulled all her hair out of her scalp already. "I'm just going to talk to your mother. Forget we had this conversation."

She slammed her sliding door shut on his face. Pulling the thick curtains to block him from her view. Sehun scoffed, doing the same with his sliding door.

----

A very sassy Jisoo is ahead. Thank you for reading and also for the votes~~~ They mean a lot to me! Would love to hear your thoughts on the chapter!