Chapter Six: Thirteen

Start from the beginning

Didrika glared at Titus. He was trying to undermine Lexa. She bent over to Lexa and whispered this in her ear. Lexa nodded and whispered back telling her to let it play out. Didrika knew grieving people did stupid things. It would not have bothered her if it were not for the fact that Titus instigated it. She was curious as to why Skaikru attacked the village.

"Ban we gaga. (Ungag her,)" Didrika ordered Semet.

Semet looked at Didrika, refusing to follow her orders.

"Yu ste dula op kom ai don em chich op. Ban we gaga Okteivia kom Skaikru. (You will do as she says. Ungag Octavia of Skaikru,)" Lexa ordered.

Semet removed the cloth from Octavia's mouth. Didrika moved down from the stage to stand in front of Octavia.

"Why did Skaikru attack his village?" Didrika asked her.

"Pike wants to cultivate land. He doesn't care who he kills to get what he wants. He wanted the land that village was on. I went to warn the villagers to leave, they refused to. They were going to kill my brother. I warned the unit sent to tear down their village. They left before they could do any harm to the village. Semet's people killed one of ours and then captured me. He should be the one on trial," Octavia told her.

"Shof op yu stupid Skai gada. Em spichen, Heda. (Silence you stupid Sky girl. She lies, Commander,)" Semet said, "Beja, Heda. Ai beja yu daun. Goch osir klin. (Please, Commander. I beg you. Avenge us.)"

Lexa looked at Clarke in disbelief. Lexa knew it would take time for Skaikru to make things right, but she had not expected them to make things worse.

"Jus drein jus daun! (Blood must have blood!)" The Ambassadors said, "Wamplei gon Skaikru! (Death to Skaikru!)"

"Yu na spek daun ona disha wogeda! (You will show respect in this chamber!)" Titus demanded.

Lexa side-glared at Titus. Titus had brought this upon her. Titus was trying to undermine her position on what she did on the battlefield. Lexa stared straight ahead and snapped at Clarke and Titus to follow her out.

"Can you stay and keep the peace?" Lexa asked Didrika.

"Don't worry about it. Go," Didrika said.

Lexa stomped out of the throne room with Titus and Clarke following closely behind her.

Semet glared at Didrika. The crowd was fighting amongst themselves. Didrika knew they did not respect her as a leader yet. She clenched her jaw and composed her face.

"Shut up! All of you, this is nonsense. Fighting will not solve anything. Let Heda come back with her verdict. Wait patiently," Didrika snapped.

The Ambassadors looked at Didrika in surprise and then obliged. The room fell silent.

Didrika touched Octavia's temple. Octavia flinched away from her.

"Sorry," Didrika whispered, "Here sit. Let me put bandages on it."

Octavia sat down on one of the steps to the stage. Didrika crouched down and took out a small butterfly bandage out of her med bag. She placed it over Octavia's cut.

"Geez, these people. They never learn," Didrika sighed.

"They haven't had time to learn. Skaikru hasn't exactly been on good terms with them since day one," Octavia said.

"Yeah, well, we're not perfect angels either."

"You have a different accent than the other grounders. Why?"

"Possibly because we were secluded. We also learn English first instead of Trigedasleng. If the clans can accept Cavikru into their Coalition, accepting Skaikru should be a piece of cake."