Chapter 2

“Mr. Findings can I ask you something?” It was around nine in the evening. At least I think because the sun had already set. The diner had just a couple truckers left meaning only the owner was here to close soon. Now was the perfect time to make my move on him.

“Sure. I've got time.” He sat down in one of the booths with the light that hung too low for my liking.

“Today I came in late and I wanted to apologize for the way I ran out on your daughter. I would like to keep this job. I promise it will never happen again.”

A soft smile appeared on his lips, “Don't worry dear. My daughter is a big girl. I'm sure she can handle it. As for coming in late just make sure it doesn't happen again.”

I nodded “Thank you for understanding sir.” I smiled back at him and shifted in my seat, preparing myself for the harder part of this conversation. “I wanted to ask you something.” I paused looking straight into his eyes. “A woman came in here today and I have been looking for her for a very long time. I need to see the tape for the lunch hour.” If possible his smile became brighter and he leaned forward giving a loud laugh that left an echo in the small building.

“She must be very important for you to ask me of this.” he paused and looked down at his hands. “You may look but I need to be with you. Tomorrow, come in before your shift and come find me. I'll be in my office.” With that he got up tilted his hat and walked into the kitchen where his office resided behind a closed door. I slid out of the booth and the door opened sending the cool spring air into the diner. The cold didn't effect me as it would a normal human. My body temperature was always the same no matter the weather.

The smell of vampire penetrated the air and it was lifted to me seeing as I was standing just beside the door. Along with it was the sweet scent of lavender and partly sweat. A woman walked in and my whole body froze. My wolf purred and clawed softly in my mind as if trying to say something. I heard the message loud and clear. This was my mate.

 Her black as night hair flew around her and added a serial look about her. She wore a leather jacket with a black tight shirt that hugged her stomach matched with dark blue jean pants and combat boots. There were gloves on her hands with the fingertips cut out. Along with a motorcycle helmet under her arm. Everything about her screamed danger.

As if sensing me sizing her up she looked over at me. Her crystal blue eyes widened slightly then closed and her nostrils flared as she took in the air and her posture became inhumanly straight. When she opened her eyes to show two bright blue oceans.

My body told me to run as far away from this place and never come back but my wolf and heart told me to stay. There was no denying that she could kill me right here and now for just being here but instead she just stood in the doorway staring at me. Most people say I'm scary but her she was the epitamy of death itself.

Without breaking eye contact with me she walked toward me like a lion would when seeing a zebra for the taking. My wolf didn't like how we were being watched like by prey but with her, she didn't mind. In fact she basked the feel of our mate's attention. With inhuman speed she set the helmet down on the table beside me. Her lips where on mine faster than I could calculate and that's saying something. My body froze with the contact but immediately relaxed and I kissed her back. Her lips were soft against mine, making me moan slightly into her mouth. I wrapped my arms around her neck pulling her closer to me. Her arms snaked around my hips moving us closer together leaving no space between us. We moved in sink together as if we had done this a million times before. Electricity flowed through my body from her touch, from her hands and her lips that were moving against mine softly. Reluctantly I pulled away enough to look at her face but stayed in the same position.