21

~Gerard's POV~

Somehow Ray, Mikey and I had fallen asleep watching the conjuring, the familiarity of the movie being comforting enough to lull us into a slumber. I woke up to Mikey's legs strung over my lap and Ray completely curled up into a ball on the edge of the couch with his mouth hanging slightly open.

It was around noon when I woke up to a hunger pang kicking me right in the stomach. I managed to wiggle my way out from underneath Mikey's legs and made my way to the kitchen to make some pancakes for my brother and my friend. 

I started humming a random melody that popped into my head as I made the pancakes, when the melody got louder in my head, telling me to write it down quickly before I forgot it. I turned off the stove and rushed to my bed where I had my songbook, I sat down and scribbled the idea of the tune down next to the other messy writings and drafts that littered the pages of the notebook. I wrote down the fresh idea I had in mind, letting the pen's ink run around the notebook page, spilling poetic words onto the paper.

I smiled when my first draft was finished. I decided I would ask the guys to proof read it later and adjust it a little bit.

I got up from the bed, walking over to the kitchen to finish cooking my pancakes. The guys woke up right as I was finishing making the pancakes.

"It smells good." Mikey commented.

"Thanks. I used (y/n)'s recipe." I smiled remembering the day they made those pancakes and I shyly asked for some before retreating back into my room and eating them alone while watching American Horror Story on my laptop. I thought they were mad at me because I was jealous of them hanging out with their band members. I thought they had a thing for Luke or Awsten and I thought I was going to lose them forever.

I'm a naturally paranoid and sensitive person which causes me to overreact in situations, which is why  I freaked out when I say (Y/n) flirting with Luke. But now that I had a few tricks up my sleeve, thanks to Awsten, no less, I think I'll finally be able to win them over and call them mine.

But now I might never get the chance to tell them.

They might die.

No.

They won't.

Stop thinking like that, Gerard.

They will get through this.

(Y/n) is one of the strongest people I know.

They will survive this.

~Mikey's POV~

Gerard seemed pretty distraught over (y/n). I know how much he really cares for them, as does the rest of the group, but especially Gerard. It wasn't just his crush on them, it was genuine love, care and adoration that he had for them.

It kills me to see him this way but there's nothing I can really do about it. I just want to help Gee, I just don't know how to.

I saw Gerard across from the table, his eyes were cast downwards on his plate. He seemed very lost in thought so I decided to not bother him and I decided to engage in a conversation with Ray who was sat next to me.

"Ray?" I quietly said.

"Yeah?"

"You done with your pancakes? I'm gonna do the dishes."

"Oh, yeah. Almost done."

The air was tense, none of us being able to think of anything to talk about to distract ourselves from the situation at hand. I want to do something to clear the obvious tension but I had ran out of ideas to break the silence.